crx drum to disc

which would be a better investment?

• 90-93 Integra/Civic Si rear discs $2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

well im getting tired of the drums in the back and looking to upgrade. the fastbrakes kit seems a little pricey and the rotor is quite large, but i plan on doing some road course racing in about a year(or during the spring time) when i get my car swapped(hopefully a k20a). my question is, for my application(maybe 20% race, 80% daily), should i just go ahead and invest in the fastbrakes kit or just get the integra/si rear discs? i also plan on upgrading the front brakes to 11 inch rotors w/4-pot calipers later also.

Hmmm.... it's a tossup. If you can't afford it now, you can always swap the rear to the 11 inch kit later. It's not that expensive- something like $300 or $400.

Rear brakes only account for <30% of your braking power, so its pointless to completely trick them out unless your front brakes are already kick ass.

I disagree... for straight line braking, yeah focus on the fronts. For everything else and for better stability and less dive, you need to work on the rears too.

But $850 back brakes and stock front brakes, isn't going to be as benificial as getting stock rear disks and then spending the rest on better front brakes.

Back