1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRX DX with Si head cant run at TDC??

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by gettocrx, Jan 15, 2004.

1. gettocrx

gettocrx Member

Hey everyone! I have a 88 CRX Dx with a CRX Si head thats boosting 5 psi! The problem is that my motor wont run at Top Dead Center! Its either I run it @ 6 degrees advance or the bottom end power is lost if the advance is less then 6. If the timing is closer to TDC I lose a lot of bottom end power to drive on the street but the car runs great at top end! What should I do or what did I do wrong during the head swap (88 si distributor, camshaft, manifold with injectors and resistor box)? I just want this motor to get me around for now but I'm planning to drop in a D16z6 in after this motor blow or whenever I have time! I just want some top end power but still have bottom power for the street!

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Are you running the Si Cam and cam gear? as I have heard that you have to run an aftermarket cam gear to get the timing down right on a DX with an Si cam. I do not know if that is true, but I would like to know as I need to put in an Si cam in my MPFI converted DX motor to pass smog.

3. gettocrx

gettocrx Member

My motor has the si cam with a skunk2 adjustable cam gear.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted