CRX DX with Si head cant run at TDC??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey everyone! I have a 88 CRX Dx with a CRX Si head thats boosting 5 psi! The problem is that my motor wont run at Top Dead Center! Its either I run it @ 6 degrees advance or the bottom end power is lost if the advance is less then 6. If the timing is closer to TDC I lose a lot of bottom end power to drive on the street but the car runs great at top end! What should I do or what did I do wrong during the head swap (88 si distributor, camshaft, manifold with injectors and resistor box)? I just want this motor to get me around for now but I'm planning to drop in a D16z6 in after this motor blow or whenever I have time! I just want some top end power but still have bottom power for the street!

Are you running the Si Cam and cam gear? as I have heard that you have to run an aftermarket cam gear to get the timing down right on a DX with an Si cam. I do not know if that is true, but I would like to know as I need to put in an Si cam in my MPFI converted DX motor to pass smog.

Back