Crx Ecu???!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

--UPDATE--

Ok, I recieved my new ($60) main relay today and put it in hoping all my worries would fade away. I also went ahead and bought another battery have second doubts. I turn the car over and the same thing happens... That number 14, red 10 amp, fuse keeps blowing. This time however I pulled my ECU out and set it were I could see. I turned the key over and even though the fuse blows I still get roughly 2 blinks out of my ecu, I tried again same thing. So I know now that my ecu is working for the most part. So Im asuming that after the fuse blows I get no power to me ecu or something like that.

So now whats the next step?
Do I take out my fuse panel and trace the wires for that fuse down until I find a break or it grounding out? Another thing is that the fuse is for "Alternator, solenoid, valve", Could one of those things possibaly the alternator be grounding out or something of the sort?

you definitely need to check over the wiring and look for a short.

How would I go about doing this? Just follow the wires for that fuse? Or could it be the alternator or solenoid?

It could be the alternator or the solenoid, but it is most likely a wire grounding so trace the wires. If you can't find a bad wire, Have your alternator tested. If it's bad, replace it, if not, check the starter solenoid, if it's bad, you know what to do.

If that dosn't work, jam a thick piece of wire where the #14 fuse goes, and pray that your car doesn't burn to the ground.

Best of luck.

BTW, aren't you doin a K-swap?

Well I disconnected the alternator and still got the same problem. Then after disconnecting the Starter the heavens opened up!? My ecu comes on with no codes, my check engine light goes off and the fuse doesnt blow.

Yea Im doing the K swap.

Last edited:
1987 CRX si ECU problem

I have an 87' Crx si with browntop ZC swap, it now has stock 1987
CRX ECU, but surges at a high idle, until warmed up! So I was told that
a 1988-89 integra ECU was better, and tried, but my PGM-Fi trouble
light came on and the car will not exceed 3500 RPMS. So do I need an
1986-87 integra ECU or What? :confused:
Any help would be great!

THanks... :D

also if possible send reply to titus_hass@yahoo.com

thank you so much...