crx edm ed9 d16z5 !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncrx

i'm going to do the swap and i want your opinion i allredy have the shift lincage the mounts and a complete b16a swap what is the problems tha i might have to face during the swap?

Where are you at? Anyway, if I remember correctly from talking to one of my buddies, the B16A won't just mount into even the EDM 88-91 civic/crx. I believe the brackets are different. I'll ask him tomorrow.

i'm in greece and i have the hcp mount kit for my swap . they say that with the package of the mounts and the shift linkage everything is ok!
does anyone knows if i'm going to face other problems !!!!?????????? :unsure:

Well, you're going to have to run the vtec wires, and knock wire, but if you have hte mounts, linkage, ECU, you should be good. I was going to do that swap on that exact same car, but it wasn't US spec so I couldn't bring it home.

hello everyone!!!!!!!!
well i'll ask one more time all of you because i think that your opinion is priceless! ;)
i have the 1991 crx (eudm) ed9 whith d16z5 motor!
i'm going to put b16a (jdm) crx sir 1991
i have motor,transmision,axels etc ,wire harnes,ecu and the hcp mount kit for that kind of swap !
next week i'll do it so i ask you!!!!
is there going to be something wrong with the moynt kit????????
somebody heeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :unsure: :( :eek: :huh:

i trust john (92b16vx). he always knows what he is talking about. also he probably knows more about eudm cars than anyone else here because he has lived there.

ok then thnx for your answers and soon i'll give you a link were you can find the fotos that is going to be taken during the swap and after it thnx again! ;)

Hello there,

I will probably buy B16A SiR II V-TEC without OBD (hope I will find one), and swap it into 1991 CRX ED9 D16Z5.

I have to order it from Japan, here in Bosnia, there are probalbly 10 CRX, 100 Civic Hondas, and that is about it. :(

So the same job as johncrx would do, or has done. Though, I don't have
transmision,axels,wire harnes, mount kit.

What is necessary to have beside the motor? On 17.07.2005 in town of Mostar third Street Race in history of Bosnia, so you know my intentions!

Thanx

You need all the stuff you listed as not having. I knew a guy in Serbia that could help, but I think he is in the states now :(

And by the way, this thread is way old, you'll get better results starting a new one.

Thanx a lot men!!!

I knew you would replay!!!

I just wanted to know for shure that I would have to buy transmision as well.

So thank you very much again.

Look at what I was in mind buying:

B16A swap

7000 miles, if it is true, it is the new engine!!!

Regards

PS. I did not want to start new thread, if you are new on form, they usualy say read all then come back, but luckly there is alway someone good and heplful as you!!!

I would bet money that thing has a lot more than 7000 miles on it. You can tell they used a cleaner like CD2 to clean it up.

plus seeing hows its a motor by it self more than likely it came form a automatic, and is going to have the automatic cams in it. I would look into getting some different cams.
plus 950 for the motor and 675 for shipping thats a lot of money. you can find better companys out there for less money.

Shipment form my country is from 900 - 1200 $. Where I live??? :blink:

So, I went in Japan ambasy, and explained that I need help on transport. I thought that they could bring motor here, with their regular shipment they do every month. I talked to a local women who works in ambasy, she said: "ha ha ha, you crasy?". I said I drive fast, watch when you cross street. :angry: Then they throw me out on the street.

I could save those at least 900$ and buy transmision, axles.

I'll go to Germany, to look for the motor.

Thanks, you have been helpful.

Come to Germany and give me a call, I know a guy that specializes in Hondas. He has a warehouse, it's been hit or miss lately, but he gets good stuff from time to time.

I'm trying to do a mini-me swap myself with a d16y7 dx bottom end and bought a sohc vtec motor(d16a1) then got the head and put it on the dx block but i find out the vtec solenoid is only one wire? and i look up the engine code and it comes from an integra and its DOHC NON-VTEC. anyone know what the hell kinda motor i bought? its palinly obvious a single came and obvious it has vtec... but yet the tranny says d16a1? someoen told me it was some rare jdm motor? anyone know?

Start your own thread if your question is completely unrelated.

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back