1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crx engine bay questions

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by tcpappas, Nov 10, 2009.

1. tcpappas

tcpappas New Member

I have a 1989 CRX HF shell that I got as a shell when I was in Iraq. When I got the shell the old motor was pulled. Nothing was ripped out or cut the removal looks very clean. I just have some questions as to what a few items are in the engine bay and as to weather or not I can remove them. I will go to the shop in the morning and take pictures of everything that I have questions about.

One thing for sure is the charcoal canister. Can I remove this? If so how would i go about it.
    There is a black box to the right of the wiper motor that I am not too sure about but ill take pictures in the morning. I tried to do research but really came up with nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

yes, you can remove the charcoal canister, unless you are subject to emissions testing and need it to pass visual inspection

the black box on the firewall has 4 components in it - MAP sensor, purge control solenoid valve (controls charcoal canister) and 2 components for the EGR system (EGR control solenoid valve and constant vacuum control valve) - if you remove the charcoal canister, you don't need the purge solenoid - for almost all swaps, you won't need the EGR components - you will need the MAP, unless the engine you put in has the MAP on the throttle body

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted