CRX fender patch panels???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spyderturbo

Well I am moving back into a Honda, she will be my 4th one. I'm getting an 88 CRX off of a buddy. She runs real well but like any 88 CRX she's rusted in the rear wheel wells. Does anybody know if patch panels are made for this? I'm planning on sanding her down and repairing ALL the rust over the next few weeks, and I'm painting her gunmetal metallic. She already has some nice looking Integra wheels on her. Gonna be my new daily driver :D

no patch panles exist for any crx that i know of.....youd ahve to buy whole new quarter panels and i dont think you want to spend that kind of money.....if you know what your doing, go to napa or your local parts supplier and buy a sheet of sheetmetal. Then start cutting and welding

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Apr 24 2005, 05:12 PM
or you can goto the junk yard and find a crx with not as much rust and cut the panels off.
[post=490890]Quoted post[/post]​

The junk yard is definatly your best bet, i did it on both of my rex's do yourself a fav tho, get a can of paint stripper, and an electric sawsall, OR a dremel or something similar, strip the paint down to metal to be sure your getting a good panel. Then cut away, cut ALOT extra not just what the area is, you want to avoid overheating the section so cut in sections, dont warp the metal or you gotta find a new one. The whole buying a peice of metal and shaping it,, umm its a pain in the ass, jut go to the junk yard and spend the 10 bucks
hope it helps. OR if you really cant find any i can cut you some and send them your way, theres no rust in california haha

if you simply put fiberglas filler inthere and sand it out and paint it i will personally guarantee it will blister back out and rust agin within a few months....if this is anything you want to keep for any amount if time i would not suggest doing that

Back