crx field vtec wiring?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've been researching this for weeks and could barely find anything, then i finally came across this link... vtec controller

can anybody verify this? do you guys have a diagram showing placement of pinout on the ecu? so that i know where these wires are located on the ecu.

hopefully this is a breakthrough lol. i'll check out my ecu asap and hopefully can let everybody know my findings also. thanks guys

Dude go read my post in your other thread....

It's not going to make you any faster. It's not going to make you quicker either. It's just going to make you slower by inturrupting the momentium the engine is carrying with improper cam profiles for the rpm your at. Honda did it that way for a reason

stop bumping yourself you got told it would be shit do it the right way now before you get a headache later

holy crap are you guys serious? i'm asking a question and want an answer to it. that's why people ask questions. i know about swapping to obd1 and have explained why i'm not doing it this instant. if you're not going to help me with my question, then don't post at all. but i'm going to keep bumping this thread until my question is answered fully. if you don't like it, don't read this thread. thanks

bump. i don't understand why nobody's giving me a shot on this and just giving me crap about it. i'm going to switch to obd1 eventually, just can't right now because of money. i already have everything to hook it up this way and this is the way i want to do it. can you guys please help me out

why? so you can get beat by your stock brethren?

http://rywire.com/store/index.php?osCsid=18e78f5340a81c6a0dcc390044c97e6b

Everybody is telling you the right thing to do. They are not being jerks or tools or anything like that. If you want to rig your shit up and blow it up or whatever that's your choice but honestly do it right the first time. Take it from somebody who would have one bad ass car if I would of actually listened to the elders here and done shit the right way the first time.

Last edited:
what i don't understand about the harnesses is, what do i do about the injectors? i know i need obd1 injectors, but i don't know what to do about the wiring. i've searched but am still very confused about it. also, i'm confused as to exactly what i need for the harness to convert. thanks

Last edited:
Swap Articles - HondaSwap Forums

Check these out. pissedoffsol as well as many others spent alot of time writing these articles. Check them out. You will learn a ton if you read those and they will point you in the right direction.

Check out D-series.org to fill in the gaps as far as tech data goes.

and since your new here, just so you know pissedoffsol has been reincarnated as B ^_^

is it not a hint... that nobody is answering your question? because no one has done it. if you spent more of your time reading and researching, and less of your time bumping you might have had the problem fixed already! dude, you seem pretty knowledgable with this stuff, so why not just go for it. you dont seem to be getting much help on here so give it a shot. thats what i'd say.

it doesn't seem like it'd be a headache now that i saw that diagram, actually seems super easy lol. i know it's not the right way, but i just want to know a little more about why using a vtec controller is such a bad idea. it wouldn't hurt anything would it?

it wouldn't hurt anything would it?

You could probably screw up a bunch of stuff. When you start messing with fuel, timing and stuff like that you can blow your car up. I know from the past if you just hook one up and start mashing buttons your car will in fact run like shit.

You could probably screw up a bunch of stuff. When you start messing with fuel, timing and stuff like that you can blow your car up. I know from the past if you just hook one up and start mashing buttons your car will in fact run like shit.
well if i did hook it up, i was just going to add a few more percent of fuel just during vtec, nothing more. or just 1 percent more everywhere, something like that. that doesn't sound like it would work? what other problems could i face? and please don't say just don't do it, i would just like a reasonable answer about what problems one could face with using the vtec controller for a month to a couple of months then eventually switching to obd1. thanks again guys

you dont know shit, why are you trying? what the hell do you think adding more fuel is going to do??? richen the mixture of course. which makes less horsepower at the benefit of better cooling. not making you any faster, and less efficient....

omg ur rediculous

Back