crx gsr awd turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crv uses shifter cables?

and nice manifold, not quite fullrace... its a fullrace minime manifold
am i seeing that right???
the rear brakes are set up for only e-brake using hydraulics???

PORT-A-TREE nice, i need one of dem...

so can anyone make out what that time slip is for or says?
i'm guessing 1/8 with a 71 mph finish?

1.7 60ft....he coulda done better for an AWD GSR-T

Why did he use that crappy trans though. I still want it cause thats still impressive as hell.

if he's on the right, he's 7.246@ 71.20mph

left looks like 8.050@ 69.34

do yall know if the crv's awd is electronically controlled or mechanical?

just curious.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Apr 13 2005, 06:49 PM
sweet

i helped a buddy do a sohc all wheel drive at wyotec 2 years aro pain in the butt
[post=486835]Quoted post[/post]​

my brother went to wyotech. went to visit him a few times, so i know 3rd and grand like the back of my hand, lol. his project was gonna be my dad's '80 chevrolet, but not enough funds..... oh well, we'll get to it someday.

does this qualify as a threadjack or senseless rambling? :p

Originally posted by hondarin@Apr 14 2005, 03:46 AM
do yall know if the crv's awd is electronically controlled or mechanical?

just curious.
[post=486970]Quoted post[/post]​

I read in honda tuning whne they were doin the AWD ITR that oil pressure had something to do with it. Not engine oil pressure but pressure inside the diff or something... so I believe it's mechanical.

questions for anyone in the know

the civic wagon(4wd or awd) uses something like 79 disks, and when the front wheels loose grip:ie: spin faster than the rear wheels, that when the disks start to send power to the rear wheels, and as the front and rear start to spin at the same speed the power that was sent to the rear wheels is lessened with time...

now its said that it will only send up to 10% of the power to the rear wheels...

is the crv a setup like that?
do you need to use the crv tranny to have the 4wd? or is that a seperate assembly all together?
is it full time or does it use a disk system...

just curious about the whole thing...

They claim to be full-time AWD, but it's still only a 10% power transfer. It's mainly so Honda can claim it's AWD I think, and to improve performance in adverse road conditions.

Actually, I don't think Honda claims it to be full-time AWD. I believe that, under normal conditions, all power is being transferred to the front wheels. When some sensors detect slipping/sliding, more power gets transferred to the rear wheels.

That's my take on it, anyway....

Yeah, the CRV is 4WD NOT awd. Go check honda's website (thats what I just did). And dohcvtec_accord is right, its only 10% to the rear wheels when the fronts are slipping.

Yeah, I just looked at the back of a coworker's CRV and it says "Real Time 4WD".

so the crv is just a glorified civic wagon?
wtf kinda crap is that?
and why would you go through all the trouble of doing this swap for 10% power transfer after your front wheels already started spinning...

anyone know if you can make it full time?
and if you can make it a 50/50 power transfer?

and why would you go through all the trouble of doing this swap for 10% power transfer after your front wheels already started spinning...

1.7 60's are nice.

But I wouldn't do it, even though I really want to, but I want a bunch more power at the rear...like at minimum 200 hp.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 14 2005, 10:57 AM
this was posted about 2 years ago on honda tech
[post=487053]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont go on honda tech :tisk:

so I have no idea what gets posted on honda tech

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 14 2005, 11:11 AM

anyone know if you can make it full time?
and if you can make it a 50/50 power transfer?
[post=487069]Quoted post[/post]​

that would be sweet if it could be done :p

Back