CRX~GSR OBD0/1/2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aLLmOtOr

Ok this is startiing to drive me nuts! I bought my CRX with a 96 GSR motor, now what I cant figure out is how they can run OBD0 on the car and have no codes? I thought the 96+ cars have OBD2. Now if I want to use a OBD1 ECU on the car, does that mean I only have to get the jumper? Can someone helpme out please. I dont understand this OBD crap. Are there sensors on the block for the ECU? I just want my car to run right.

what this guy really needs to to is tell us the number on the side of his current ecu....and the color of the plugs that are plugging into it. i dont know why you would want to run a gsr on a pw0 or pr3...so lets hope its obd1.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Feb 3 2005, 09:58 AM
what this guy really needs to to is tell us the number on the side of his current ecu....and the color of the plugs that are plugging into it. i dont know why you would want to run a gsr on a pw0 or pr3...so lets hope its obd1.
[post=455735]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a PR3... I bought the car like that... and it doesnt pull like a GSR... So I want to tear it up and put it back together. But what I'm having a problem is the wiring. So I guess what I'm asking is, does the OBD have any sensors on the engine or does it control anything on the motor? Can I just wire up the CRX to OBD1 on a 96+ Motor (OBD2)? Or do I have to wire up to OBD2, then 1? Im totally confused about this OBD thing. Sorry. Just want my car running right. And what are the draw backs of running the PR3? I have a Skunk 2 Intake Manifold that Im going to install soon.

Originally posted by aLLmOtOr+Feb 3 2005, 10:29 PM-->
@Feb 3 2005, 09:58 AM

Its a PR3... I bought the car like that... and it doesnt pull like a GSR... So I want to tear it up and put it back together. But what I'm having a problem is the wiring. So I guess what I'm asking is, does the OBD have any sensors on the engine or does it control anything on the motor? Can I just wire up the CRX to OBD1 on a 96+ Motor (OBD2)? Or do I have to wire up to OBD2, then 1? Im totally confused about this OBD thing. Sorry. Just want my car running right. And what are the draw backs of running the PR3? I have a Skunk 2 Intake Manifold that Im going to install soon.
[post=456152]Quoted post[/post]​

hey bud quick question for you u said it does not pull like a GSR whut intake manni are u running? dual or single? If ur running dual without proper ECU to activate the butterflys thats gonna kill top end seriously. Get a b16 or type-r intake mani but uall need a T/B for that as well Type-r or b 16. I got both if u need them that give u better midrange and top end back. Also get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. But if u tear ur GSR down than do a type-r hybrid like i did CTR pistons on GSR rods 12.1CR or ITR pistons wit rods 11.2 CR, CTR Cams more agressive profile than ITR's and type-r inner valve springs I laid down 189.3hp, 131ft lbs, with tunning not bad for factory parts. Good Luck VTEC and Honda long live the kings.

[post=456152]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=456830]Quoted post[/post]​

hes right, you gotta have the ecu that operates that butterfly..

you arent throwing codes cause your pr3 isnt looking for a knock sensor which is on the gsr block, if the ECU isnt looking for a signal from a sensor, it cant throw a code for it. its not an essential sensor so most ppl dont bother to go through the bit of extra hassle to set it up, plus if you are doing alot of internal upgrades, such as forged internals, or higher compression pistons, the knock sensor will almost always set a code if you have it hooked up for your ecu to read.

id go with an obd 1 conversion, run an obd 1 ecu (94, 95 GSR perferably) run obd 1 injectors, (94-95 Gsr perferably) and run a 94-95 GSR dizzy, maybe its just to me but that seems the easiest way to get the car to run right and do it pretty easily :)

When you convert down the OBD0, you must run the OBD0 distributor, ecu, and O2 sensors. If you want to convert to either OBD1 or OBD2, you will need the OBD1/2 distributor, ecu, 4 wire O2 sensor(s- depending on USDM OBD2) and the OBD0 to OBD1 or OBD0 to OBD2 conversion harness. Let me know if you need help with either of those conversions.

Jason

Back