CRX HANDELING WITH B18C

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dirty d

:hitit:

Whats the fuck up guys? just wondering if i went and put that big bitch of a moter in my car, hows it going to handel, with all that extra weight and size?

Ok ive got a 91 crx si with a zc cracked head. want to put a 99 (b18c) i think thats right, acura integra gsr usdm motor. Wadya think to mutch weight for good handeling or just fine? let me know. peace... :boxing:

You're going from a 1.6 to a 1.8. You aren't going to add a whole hell of a lot of extra weight.

hybrid honda/acuras dont have good handling because of weight distribution...thats all i have to say

yea there weight distrobution is off but they still handle good i wouldnt say that they dont handle good just depends what u do to there suspension leave it stock and you will have problems put in new shocks strut bars and coilovers and you are fine

thanks for the replys yall. id say jonda my crx handles great, the best yet (ive had 3) out handel or out corner all my friends cars. but i would also like to thank KYB AGX gas shocks for that best mod i have done. actually the 3 inch drop and 17" rims probally help too. but i dont yet have strut bars i hope they makea big difference... witch ones should i get? my friends got newspeed on his civic, looks like a good design?

annyone else care to comment on my crx handelling? peace out dirty....

Originally posted by Jonda@Dec 29 2003, 11:41 PM
hybrid honda/acuras dont have good handling because of weight distribution...thats all i have to say

?
by this logic, almost all cars with a front engine configuration have poor handling.

94 B18c1 into my 93 civic. fine.

95gsr into friends 95 hatch, fine.

no handleing problems.... it weights what 80lb more than a d-series? h22 is like 30 more than that i think.

your car will be fine with a B-iatch motor :)

handling is noticeably different, it will be a tad worse for weight distribution purposes. i know, i have the same car with the same engine. my recommendation would be to move the battery to the rear. that will effectively move 40 lbs from the front to the rear. also, beef up the suspension some. a good spring/shock combo will do you good. also i would look into good strut and tie bars as well as sway bars.

im in the process of rebuilding my CRX and those are the changes i plan to make. hope i helped.

I dont think you can have a rear lower tie bar and a rear sway bar on the same car? On the hatches I think that a front sway bar is stock. which I think is pretty cool.

I think one problem is the muffer if its in the stock location. I dont remember.

to GSRCRXSI: you say in your sig you have a b18c1 in your crx? But your times are only 15's. The stock b16 in a crx runs like 14.0. maybe 14.5 :huh: shouldnt that thing be like 13.8 or somthing in the mid 13's? I have a freind who droped a b18c1 with just i/h/e and ran a easy 13.6@97. :blink:

:withstupid: (captinb16)

GSRCRXSI i want you running faster times. I want some more comments on how fast that car should be cause i think its faster than that, what year is your motor GSRCRXSI?

P.S. JONDA YOUR A FAG STOP POSTING. :gayflag:

Originally posted by Captinb16@Dec 31 2003, 05:27 PM
to GSRCRXSI: you say in your sig you have a b18c1 in your crx? But your times are only 15's. The stock b16 in a crx runs like 14.0. maybe 14.5 :huh: shouldnt that thing be like 13.8 or somthing in the mid 13's? I have a freind who droped a b18c1 with just i/h/e and ran a easy 13.6@97. :blink:

15's for many reasons. traction problems, i was getting 60' times of like 2.3, thats bad. it was my first time at the track, ever. you said your friend had i/h/e, well i dont. i have the stock header, with a shitty, mostlikely clogged, stock cat. i also have a blown rear shock and this is most definitely affecting my launch. im not a professional at it dude, ive made a total of like 3 runs in my life. altitude can also have something to do with it. the track was at like 400 feet, basically sea level, but if you live below sea level, you can expect faster times.

and a b16 in a crx will not run 14.0, more like 15.0 like i ran. i know cause my friend with a b16 in his 4th gen hatch, CX model i think, with a BUILT head and stock bottom end, he only pulled out a 14.9. he was also having some traction problems that night too though.

my car should be hitting low 14's once i get all the kinks worked out, ive been plagued with numerous problems lately, and once i get her back up and running, she will be running how she would be.

dirty d - my motor is a 94 with about 80,000 miles on it.

when i had my b16a with a few mods in my crx it ran a 14.8 thats the best i could pull decent traction i had a b17a in my 91 hatchback and ran 14.7 with 2.6 60'fts the track where i live sucks

sorry but I have seen many and many times over and over of stock b16a1 in a full interior crx run 14.3 and 14.5's very lightly modified iam talking just again i/h/e. Also you say @95mph???

yes. at 95 mph. thats how i know i can be faster and its most likely driver error.

trim, year, and what tranny you are using is also a factor. for example, the 88HF is the lightest, where as the 91 Si is the heaviest. and the stock b16 gears are much shorter then say an LS tranny. my car is a 91 Si, and i am using the LS tranny, again another setback. i cannot change what my car is, cause frankly i like the 90-91 Si's over all of the 88-89's for cosmetic reasons. i plan to switch to either a b16 tranny or a GSR tranny for better gearing. but i cant beat having the car get 30+ mpg right now either :)

Back