crx hf problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ghcrxhf

im about to pick up an hf. im told it has an 8 valve head, and theres really nothing i can do to pull any power out of it. i had a civic a bit ago, a dx and i thought they were the same motor.i thought the hf just had ridiculously long ratios in the trans. could a 16v head swap onto the block because the car doesnt have all that many miles. i believe its a 1.5l. just wondering what my options are. this is my first post, i tried searching but couldnt find anything. thanks

that must be a tough 1, cant find anything on it. an1 kno where i might be able to check? or have a cheap 16v complete head so i can try?

No, a 16 valve head on a 8 valve block does not work unless you change the pistons. All the 8 valve motors I have ever taken apart only have 2 valve reliefs instead of 4. Best bet is to just buy a complete engine for cheap and slap it in. Check craigslist, I see older d15s and d16s go for around $200-$500 all the time.

I have a d15b2 from a dx and swapped in a crx hf d15b6 engine and tranny. I feel your pain I noticed a huge difference in power loss after the swap and I also wanted to throw on my 16 valve head on but like someone elso posted that u would have to get the pistons with the 4 releifs. I can't believe how wide the shifts are on that hf tranny I would barely get to 50 mph before shifting to 4th with my dx tranny where as the hf tranny gets up to 80 or 85 mph in 3rd gear wholy s#$%t. But were are you located cuz I have a complete d15b2 if you want the head and pistons.

Back