CRX is finnaly capable of 11s :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now i just need the darn time slip to frame :) The holiday events this weekend meant i only got a couple passes.
any way this past Wednesday I switched to a bastard 20g and 750 cc injectors. I gained 50 whp and ft-ibs, but the gain was at 5000 rpms. i only gained around 10 whp and ft-bs up high in the rpms, so i wasnt sure it would make a big difference at the track. well it definitly helped, here is my first pass. The new powerband had me spinning even worse then before and yet i still tied my best 60ft ever.
sorry my camera came loose.
YouTube - Fist pass with 20g turbo
and from out side the car
YouTube - First pass with 20g out side the car

So after that spin fest i lowered the air in the slicks another pound and dialed my car at 12.0 and got pared up against a hatch with a swap who dialed 14.2. he got a 2.2 second head start and yet i caught him almost right away, i knew i was gong to run under and i am third in points so i sacrificed getting my first 11 second time slip in the CRX for getting the win and points. I coast almost all of 4th gear and still tie my best time ever with the old turbo.
YouTube - Should have been my first 11 second pass

here is that pass compared to my best ever pass with the old turbo. looks like i would have went a 11.8 at 118. i was bummed out because the weather and air was perfect for setting fast times last night, as summer comes and it gets hotter and more humid the chance to set personal best gets slimmer.
123compare.jpg

oh well even with out the timeslip im pleased to know i met my goal of a 11 second sleeper/daily driver.
And here you can see my big16 g dyno compared to the new 20g, 16g is thin lines.

awesome.. finally someone with proof.. not the " oh snap i ran a 10 sec 1/4 in my stock SI"

Nice passes. If I were you, I would've just went balls out on the last pass just to see what it can do. I did it at englishtown raceway with no cage. First two passes I let off 1/2 track. Last pass was 10.8 @ 138 (first all out pass on slicks). Then I got the boot because I had no cage. :(

Most of my old vid's were hosted on vwsport.com but they removed most of all the honda videos a year ago or so. My 10.20 pass @ atco was on there, me qualifying third round in the pro fwd class, thanks to the big boys breaking ;) Ended up getting eliminated by a 9 second hatch. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
Back