CRX K20A ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well its been in my head for the last week. I have a B16 in my crx now. I've best 13.7 @ 98mph with just a header & slicks. I'm about 90% done with a NA-LS build witch should get around 170hp. This was suppose to hold me off untill I finished my 2.0L ls-vtec , witch is about 60% done, that should yeild 220hp. Well I started thinking of PACMAN's CRX. And the thought crossed my mind. Sell everything. Go K20. :eek: Sell my motors (4 total) my ITB's, and all my B-series stuff. And just do it. What I need to know now.

Who on here has done this swap. (EF only). What is your experiance. I see it as a low 12 sec car stock on pump gas. With just bolt ons this could easly be a 11sec daily driver. Please any feed back, links, words of advise will be great.

Go for it man. I don't know much about putting a K20 into a 4th gen, but as long as you can get it all to fit, you can just run the engine off some standalone system.

i remember almost a year ago someone posted an EF hatch with one. had teh RSX dash too

i cant remember the name of it but ther is a K-series forum out there

i know that joe locash did the swap in his crx and I know that droppedcrxsi is going to do the swap

Hasport does make mounts for the K-series in the CRX, so it is much more feasible that it was just a year ago. I also see that hasport makes conversion harnesses for the wiring, so that may simplify things as well. I say go for it man, I'd love to see it happen!

Thinking of doing the exact same thing...K20a.org has the best and complete info I have found so far on the subject..READ!

That would be interesting to see. im not a big fan of the K series. You should get a type S and turbo it. Your rex will be like a rocket!!

I've been on K20A.org, and have been reading alot.I even dug up a old issuse of IMPORT RACER, that showed TEAM PACMAN's K20 CRX. Now it comes time to start asking questions. I'm just looking to see who eles out there is taking this project on at the same time.

I've decided that I will do this. I'm going to slowly start selling off all the B-series motors,itb's,parts that I'm not useing, and finish of the race season this year. Come winter. I shall order the K20. and will see what happends. Please feel free to jump into this topic and add any updates/ experiances you might be having.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jul 15 2005, 02:33 PM
Hasport does make mounts for the K-series in the CRX, so it is much more feasible that it was just a year ago. I also see that hasport makes conversion harnesses for the wiring, so that may simplify things as well. I say go for it man, I'd love to see it happen!
[post=526892]Quoted post[/post]​

yea they do joe locash did his swap for hasport, his car was their center piece at the sema show.

go to his website at www.locashracing.com he should have wiring for it and you can email him if you have any questions i am sure he can help you out.

You should do it.
I'm in the process of buying everything still. I'll make a how-to on droppedcrxsi.com when i'm done.
The latest deadline for us (rywire) is SEMA 2005 =) Definately want to bring it to Vegas to show off and play.
Once the swap is complete, Rywire.com will carry the wiring conversion as well.

Back