CRX mini -me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
My best friend is close to completing his mini-me swap on his 91 crx Si.
done so far is:
head and head gasket from 98 HX (installed)
intake manifold and throttle body from 98 HX with injectors from 91 Si (installed)
ECU from 98 HX with conversion harness from rywire.

?'s I read on here that the Si distributor bolts right on a Y8 head or use the newer one from HX and re-plug it?
which timing belt to use? I have heard D15b and D16Y8 both and need to pick one.
I have also heard an adjustable cam gear is needed, but if I remember right they were using a Z6 ECU.
he also just got a header and I didn't take the one off my old HX so I dont remember 1 or 2 02 sensors?
we are so close to finishing this and want to get it right the first time:D

thanks for the help in advance .....

OK before hw wastes his money on this, we found a timing gear on Egay that comes with a timing belt.
its a 5 bolt adjustable cam gear aluminum, the timing belt that comes with it fits 96-00 1.6L engines. please we need to know if this will fit correctly?

Last edited:
It's not that no one does mini me anymore. Its that the motor are getting hard as hell to find. I was planning to do all motor a6/y8 and read specs here that it will handle 200hp on stock build with oem parts and tuning. I need more. So i upgraded to b series all motor.

Back