Crx Overheating...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

I drive my CRX HF, and after a while it starts to get hot, then i pull over and check and their is a bunch of radiator fluid under the overfill tank, i checked the limit and it was filled all the way up to the top... so i emptied it to the limit, and then i squeezed the radiator hose to hear for leaks and there was a pin size hole right under the radiator cap, so i plugged it, then i filled up about a gallon of water into it because it was empty, do u think its okay now? i know i dont have a blown head gasket, but what are other possibilities... theres only radiator fluid under the overfill tank... could that being to much cause my car to leak antifreeze? well thanks for you help
TJ

(then i pull over and check and their is a bunch of radiator fluid under the overfill tank, i checked the limit and it was filled all the way up to the top...) (then i filled up about a gallon of water into it because it was empty). ;)

okay it's ONE or TWO things, first it could be the thermostat not opening all the was or stuck closed? or you do have a blown head gasket!! thats the only thing that would make the car to dumb a gallon of water out, and it dose not have to have water in the oil to have a blown head gasket!!!!! you can take it to any radiator shop to have it tested for a blown head gasket.

Back