Crx Problem Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMFreak405

my friend has a b16a, odb0 i think? but the problem is the vtec is not engaging. i have tried runnig a direct wire from the ecu to the vtec solenoid, but no vtec yet. the ecu is throwing a knock-sensor code but that is not a problem. i think the problem is the solenoid. what do you guys think? thank you for the help. JDMFreak

if your knock sensor isn't working, you will not have vtec... if you can solve that problem, it will solve itself

interesting... i just check my other friends crx and he his ecu is throwing a knock-sensor code as well but his vtec work fine.... engine light come on only after vtec kick in.... i dunno i might tell him change both knock sensor and vtec solenold

No knock sensor = limp mode = no vtec.You ECU listens to the engine to make sure everything is good,if it doesn't get a signal saying it is,it goes into limp mode and won't engage vtec.

i had a friend that had that prob, he just grounded the knoc sen form the ecu and ran a rpm pill that activated vtec, i never worked got a chance to wokr on his car, or else i would have fixed the prob so he went janky and ran a 5000rpm pill

Back