1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crx Problem Please Help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by JDMFreak405, Apr 18, 2003.

1. JDMFreak405

JDMFreak405 Junior Member

my friend has a b16a, odb0 i think? but the problem is the vtec is not engaging. i have tried runnig a direct wire from the ecu to the vtec solenoid, but no vtec yet. the ecu is throwing a knock-sensor code but that is not a problem. i think the problem is the solenoid. what do you guys think? thank you for the help. JDMFreak

2. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

if your knock sensor isn't working, you will not have vtec... if you can solve that problem, it will solve itself

3. JDMFreak405

JDMFreak405 Junior Member

interesting... i just check my other friends crx and he his ecu is throwing a knock-sensor code as well but his vtec work fine.... engine light come on only after vtec kick in.... i dunno i might tell him change both knock sensor and vtec solenold

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

No knock sensor = limp mode = no vtec.You ECU listens to the engine to make sure everything is good,if it doesn't get a signal saying it is,it goes into limp mode and won't engage vtec.

5. D16z6CrxDx

D16z6CrxDx Senior Member

i had a friend that had that prob, he just grounded the knoc sen form the ecu and ran a rpm pill that activated vtec, i never worked got a chance to wokr on his car, or else i would have fixed the prob so he went janky and ran a 5000rpm pill

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted