CRX Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jonda

I dont know what kidna CRX i have. I know that its not Si and that its an 88' model so its either a HF or DX. I find data about the differences about the two but i just cant tell the difference. So i would appriciate it if yall can help me out because i can do my ZC swap until i know what kinda CRX it is...thanks

There were Si's in 88.
Look under the hood, and look at the intake manifold. Does it say dpfi or mpfi? Look at the front of the engine block kind of under the distrbutor and look for a block casting. Is the car a 5spd or auto?

I bought the CRX from an old guy and all that was under the hood was a D15 block...no intake manifold or head just the block. it had a 5 speed tranny that i am currently using for the ZC that i have. oh yeah..its also not an Si because the harness on the driver side has more that 8 pins

i dont know the vin number off my head but ill get that info tomorrow...it does have the rear windshield wiper..i forgot the engine code though...i just remember the D15

If its an HF then it'll say HF on the rear right pannel. If not, its a DX.

I know that its either a HF or DX but the reason why i wanna know is that if i have cut up the ECU plugins for the DFI in the DX...thats all....oh yeah...when i got the car it also had a PM5 ECU which is DX i think..

Originally posted by Jonda@Dec 30 2003, 10:21 AM
yep...i found out that it is a DX...which sucks....

why does that suck. The DX is often the most over looked of honda's cars. yes the DPFI system is not the greatest thing, but once it is swaped out it becomes a very sweet car. The DPFI swap is not as bad as everyone thinks, there are some very good resources out there. Do a google search for "dx to zc." or "dpfi to mpfi" I have posted a bunch of links to good site about this on this site, and I have an awesome picture about it, on my school server which seems to be down right now, but when it is back up I will post it. But back to the Dx. This is a light honda that does not have a sun roof or too many weight adding extras.
Good luck with the new car.

Back