crx rear trailing arm bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
i need to know about the rear trailing arm bushings and how i can get ahold of them. i know someone on here had the part number for the bushings themselves. mine are all torn up and since i have to replace some other bushings, i might as well replace those too. i was gonna go with the energy suspension ones but then ive heard about them not letting the rear trailing arm move properly or something like that, then i moved to the mugen hard bushings and they are like 115 bucks for just the 2. so i guess ill get the stock replacement ones if they are any cheaper.

also im looking to buy a set of energy suspension bushings, the full hyperflex kit in black. anyone know a good place to buy them thats reputable and has fast shipping? i was browsing ebay but thats iffy, and i was also looking at www.summitracing.com but they wont ship til the 10th and i know nothing of their reputation either.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Summit is a good place, big and have been around a LONG time. Other than that Nopi always has small stuff like that too, and is pretty reliable.

thanks john, i kinda got the feeling summit was good, but i wasnt positive. anyone know anything about these trailing arm bushings? or does anyone want to explain exactly why the urethane is bad for that bushing? thanks

ive been browsing honda-tech as well and havent really found solid conclusive evidence of anything, lol. thats one thing i dont like about honda-tech, everyone thinks they are right and all that leads to is a bunch of different opinions with no solid proof of anything and everyone telling everyone else that they are wrong.

i am however starting to consider the ES poly RTA bushings anyone have a link to how they are installed or who sells them? im just weighing my options at this point really.

also anyone know EXACTLY what bushings are replaced with the hyperflex kit? i mean every last one.....

oh and filling the mounts with caulk and all is NOT an option for me. i dont like to do the half-a**ed methods.

Ian, call Intercrew. They sold me my kit- and I know that they ship fast too.

As far as I know, the master kits generally do NOT include the trailing arm bushings. Mine didn't. The handling is also just fine with the trailing arm bushings in. I haven't experienced any funny handling with mine. It's just really nice and tight.

mike, thanks, i think ill give them a call tomorrow. mike could you tell me exactly which bushings are replaced with the hyperflex kit? also does the trailing arm bushing have to be pressed in with a press or do you think it could be done by hand?

and another thing ive been wondering about is the replacement polyurethane boots on the ball joints. some people have said not to replace those, something about the grease deteriorating the polyurethane, any truth to this?

thanks everyone for their help so far.

I'm not 100% sure which bushings are in the master kit- but just about all of them. Ashley @ Intercrew will know. I think only the trailing arm bushings are left out in the master kit.

My ball joints are still running the stock bushings. I don't think it's the grease that eats the bushings being a problem- it's more like the boots don't sit on the bushings too well, and if you don't have them you can't keep the lube in.

do you happen to know if the rear compensator arm and rear upper arm bushings are in the kit? thats really the only ones that im not sure are in there. if you dont know its cool, i plan on calling intercrew tomorrow though. thanks for everything mike, do you know how much intercrew charges for the kit by the way?

i got the part number for the bushing, but they are 40 bucks each from the dealer, anyone know how much the ES trailing arm bushing are?

Ian- the trailing arm bushings on their own are about $45 a set. I think the master kit has the compensator arm bushings and rear upper arm bushings in it.

i had the ES master kit on my EG. it replaces the front and rear LCA bushes, shock bushes (top and bottom, front and back) and front UCA bushes.

i bought them from summit. good people. B)

Back