CRX rearwheel conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteboy4224

Is it worth it if my CRX is a project car to try and convert it to rear wheel, or would it not be worth it? just looking for opinions. thanks.

if it really means that much to you to do it.. then sure it'll be worth it.. but money wise.. no its not worth it

I vote no.

It would take a rediculous amount of fabrication and expense. But, some people like to do these things just to do it, so in the end, its whatever floats your boat.

you would basically need to fabricate a new chassis - here is one with F20C - hate to think how much money is in it

Attachments

• RWDCRX.jpg
    RWDCRX.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,055
  • RWDCRX2.jpg
    RWDCRX2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3,124
wouldnt really be worth it in the long run :rolleyes:

but if your really into it then go for it....but would probably not be worth it in the long run

Thanks for the support. I just was curious with the idea and figured id get some advice. i really just wanna do it to do it too haha. but yea does anyone know of any other sites for CRX enthusiasts?

I'm sure that nothing came of it, but I have some ideas for a simple RWD system for the CRX. It's stupid, and not worth it, but if you're interested...

I'm sure that nothing came of it, but I have some ideas for a simple RWD system for the CRX. It's stupid, and not worth it, but if you're interested...

Well, I have some pretty obscene plans for an f20c in mind, and am sourcing a salvaged s2000 along with a Nissan s14 rear end to put into a 2nd gen CRX...

If you have any suggestions/whatnot, I'll be posting my plans on my site in the next few weeks. I still have to finish writing them up, then source all the parts (it'll probably be a year or so to get this thing put together, not to mention running properly). I'm looking forward to it, though.

Oh, well there IS a tunnel under the floor, and you'll need to run some pretty intelligent exhaust routing, a new splash guard on the tunnel, and the rear will be hollowed out to favor the MacPherson setups from.. like, and old Toyota or something. something narrow. The S2k rear suspension will require all new, and precision mounted, a-arms and alignment control arms. That's going to be the hail-mary here.

I've thought about it with a raised floor and a Porsche 944 transmission, or a complete out of the box solution like a Lotus 7 chassis. But then you're talking about a Lotus 7 with a CRX body on it, and the front chopped about 12 inches.

its easy

NSX rear cut and some tubing........done

don't forget the wheelie bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back