crx rev probs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastteg

i got a 89 crx dx i think and it revs fine until 3 grand and seems like its hitting the rev limiter or something i know i seen something for this i just couldnt find it

go here
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29806
that will tell you how to check what codes you have and what they mean
the part that you need is about 1/2 way down the page

what code is being thrown will determine what needs to be done to make the car run properly

and "limp mode" is kinda like "safe mode" on your home PC... when a semi serious condition exists, it allows the car to run (barely) so you can "limp" it somewhere to get it fixed

but anyway, check out what code/codes you are throwing and we'll go from there

i tried it anad the ecu light just came on and stayed on no blinking i waited about five mins to see if it was going to blink

i tried it anad the ecu light just came on and stayed on no blinking i waited about five mins to see if it was going to blink

i read the directions the only thing i can get out of them is turn the igntion on and the light comes on i dont know what to do

are you looking at the check engine light or through the window on the ECU at the 4 LEDs

no i got the ecu out but i only see one red led light i had the one led blinking but it went into the teens when i counted the blinks

I had a friend have the exact same thing happen, his was a sensor problem, yours could be the same, or a fed ecu like you said.

Back