CRX RIP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i think the electrical system took a crap....

i remember a while ago i tired to start the car with a jumper & heard some think crackle under the dash... but it seemed like the regular noises that come from under there

so on sat i checked the fuses again, i changed some fuses but still no light on the fuse meter.....

then i put another pr3 ecu and nothing...all the dash lights come on but the ecu (red) LED does not blink at all....and after using another main relay the fuel pump does not turn on

i dont know what to do....should i tow it to a shop???? what shold i ask them to do?

i was thinking of taking it to the dealer ...but i dont think the will work on it...i just want them to diagnose the problem...

what should i do about the engine itself ...its been sitting for a while....should i change the oil...crank it...or just leave it alone?????
i miss my car.....

any comments are welcome

chevy small block time? haha

i think a shop would be able to figure it out, but dont take it to the dealer. there overpriced and ussually know less about the car then you. they would probably just redo your whole electrical system and you would have to sell the car to pay for it.

I guess you've checked the main relay? Does the engine turn over at all? Good clean solid connections at the battery? Any burning smell coming from anywhere?

i might get new batt terminals but everything lights up and the engine cranks........and no smells

My car did the same thing, check the thermostat ground, I thought it was the main relay put 2 or 3 of them in and ended up being that thermostat ground was loose.

would it be to much for you to get and entire harness? i mean you did say that you heard something under the dash. did you ever find out what it was.

i think there is so0mething wrong with the cabin harness or maybe the fuse box.....

what harness would i need to buy?

Quoted post[/post]]
i think there is so0mething wrong with the cabin harness or maybe the fuse box.....

what harness would i need to buy?
well if you need a fuse box or anywires from under the dash. i can help. there is a rex here in town thats junked.

Back