CRX Si Throttle body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdiego

Yo my 89' CRX Si throttle is posively damaged or at least the TPS (throttle Position Sensor). My RPM's are jumping like crazy if this is the problem could I replace the hole throttle with one of a diffrent engine like b18 ????? what is compatible to a CRX that will have more Diameter and will fit my intake manifold. Also would a diffrent Manifold fit a CRX to achive a hole conversion??? Please guys help me out...

Quoted post[/post]]
Yo my 89' CRX Si throttle is posively damaged or at least the TPS (throttle Position Sensor). My RPM's are jumping like crazy if this is the problem could I replace the hole throttle with one of a diffrent engine like b18 ????? what is compatible to a CRX that will have more Diameter and will fit my intake manifold. Also would a diffrent Manifold fit a CRX to achive a hole conversion??? Please guys help me out...

You have to have it bored out by a machine shop and replace the "butterfly", or purchase an aftermarket TB to up the size of it. There aren't any factory TBs that I know of that will bolt up and are bigger than the Si. On the brighter side of things, a B series TPS will work on the D series, and the other way around.

[pull!]
Idea shot down
[/pull]

k then, so the b18 TB is just the same size? how about a good aftermarket manifold? I have heard of
Skunk 2, Edelbrock, and OBX that manufacture some but which do ya'll think is the best? give me a hand herr please I'am just gettting started and Loving My Honda CRX Si.

fluctuating idle is not problem with the throttle body - usually EACV problem or low coolant level

Back