CRX Si Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ExplicitSnow

i need to remove my shift linkage off my crx si tranny...im taking the tranny in for inspection and possibly rebuild...how do you get the linkage off

ive got the 12mm bolt out of the shift lever torque rod...how do i get the spring pin out? i dont have an 8mm pin punch...any other way of getting that part disconnected?

Originally posted by ExplicitSnow@Jul 20 2004, 07:34 PM
i need to remove my shift linkage off my crx si tranny...im taking the tranny in for inspection and possibly rebuild...how do you get the linkage off

ive got the 12mm bolt out of the shift lever torque rod...how do i get the spring pin out? i dont have an 8mm pin punch...any other way of getting that part disconnected?
[post=365918]Quoted post[/post]​

NO! find something metal that is the same diameter and get a hammer! thats the only way without cutting your linkage.

It takes a while to get out sometimes. I used a bolt that was slightly less in diameter than the bitch pin. I then just kept hitting it and eventually it came out.

Originally posted by ExplicitSnow@Jul 27 2004, 11:51 AM
i got it done...thanks people for the help and ideas...much better than TRS and H-I
[post=368699]Quoted post[/post]​

I beat, and beat and beat some more on mine and I bent the shaft going into the tranny. Hence the tranny isnt in my car, and I had to get a new one, and new linkage.

I actualy went on a mission for that one. I went out to the local cheap tool store (harbor freight) and picked up myself a 9 dollar air hammer. I took one of the bits and ground it on my bench grinder the same size as the pin.

Thats the easiest way ive ever removed the drift pins out of the tranny, it now takes a whole 2 seconds for me to get the pin out. If you got a compressor, i reccomend it.

Back