CRX SiR b16a oil leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azazelllo

Hey guys, i have an oil leak pictured below, around the vtec solenoid.

http://67.55.76.55/crx/leak_3.jpg

It looks like i need to change upper gasket, and/or head to solenoid gasket?

On my CRX, the B16A comes with Y-1 and LSD, which means it came from 90-91 CRX SiR, therefore it's a OBD-0. At first I need the part# from 94 Del Sol Vtec or 99 Civic Si, but then i found this post (exactly my issue)

Honda-Tech.com: Honda CRX / EF Civic: DIY CRX JDM B16 Vtec solenoid gasket change
This post talks about the part from 90-91 Acura NSX

Which dealer and part # do i need, from which model?
I appreciate your help!

you positive its coming from there? I had a simimlar leak and it came from my distributor. Get a new gasket from Honda. All b16's should be the same. Take the screen off and clean it real good and replac it. its a simple fix.

yesh, on mine when it leaked there, i just had to replace the valve cover gasket and add a lil extra RTV sealant there

g'luck. hopefully it isnt a biggie!

Thanks, YBLEGAL. I'll update the thread with what I did to fix as soon the parts arrive from the dealer.

Looks like either the distributor o-ring, cam plug, or the VTEC solenoid gasket. Wouldn't hurt to change all of them since they are all problem spots for oil leaks on older Honda engines.

Hey Guys, thanks for your help. I replaced 2 vtec solenoid seals, 2 cam seals on the driver side and a cam plug seal on the passenger side. Changed the valve cover seal as well. Looking good now.

Thanks for all your help!

Back