crx sohc zc distributor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cbonar82

I'm new here, so any help would really help out. I have a 90 crx si that i dropped a 96 sohc zc into. what would be the correct way to wire the newer distributor into my original si harness? Please help! I miss driving my crx!:(

So am in the correct understanding that you put an OBD2a motor in your car? If this is correct, you can purchase an OBD2a to OBD0 Distributor jumper harness. I would build one for you, but I don't have all the parts. Check with Rywire, I think they sell those.

Thank you for your response. I've used my OBD0 distributor instead and it is timed properly. But now the problem I'm having is that it is idling at almost 2000 rpm . I can retard the timing to reduce that, but then it obviously runs like shit. I've backed off the idle set screw all the way so the throttle is totally closed, but it still idles high. When i come to a complete stop after moving pretty fast, it drops to about 500 rpm's and acts like it wants to die, but then comes back to life and idling high again??? I'm at my whits end trying to figure it out. Can someone please help me??????

Throwing any CEL's?
Check to make sure you put the correct two-pin plug on the IACV and the correct plugs on the TPS and MAP.

Back