Crx Spoon Swap, What Do You Think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rated-CRX

:huh: I am new at this site, i've looked around for an answer to this question but couldn't find it. I am gettin a 89 CRX (not sure what model, it wasn't specified, but it's a stick) and i went to spoonsports.com and seen the 1.6 liter stroker kit, and the 1.8liter kit, would i just be better off getting a B16 and getting the spoon 1.6 stroker kit or just get the spoon 1.8 engine (which costs like @ $6k+)? Also, is the type r engine in the integra a 1.8? If so what would be a better buy, the type r engine or either spoon engine? Does anyone know @ how much power and trq the type r engine and spoon engines put out? I want to add a turbo and a small dry nitrous kit (50-75shot) also to either engine (i'm aiming at minimum 250hp to 270+ hp). So, long story short, i'm gettin the 89 CRX, lookin to swap the engine w/ either a spoon 1.6(stroker kit), spoon 1.8 engine, or type-r engine, with a turbo and nitrous application added to any engine i end up with. I have a 98 SVT Contour with a Turbo and NOS application and i'm lookin for similar, if not, even better performance than what i have now, i know the hp may not be as high as my SVT when all said and done, but i would love to have better performance than my SVT with the CRX. If anyone can tell me which engine would be best with a turbo (nothin crazy, just enough for serious street racin) and nitrous (a nice size hp dry kit) application that'd be great!!! Thanks for your time!! :sleep: if you made it this far, thanks for stayin awake.

1st - spoon engines and engine componants are designed for all motor (naturally aspirated) performance
putting nitrous or a turbo on there is like asking it to blow up... just run a gallon nitro-methane through it it will have the same effect and cost far less... or just give me the $10+k you will waste blowing up that motor

2nd - type R engines and engine componants are designed for all motor (naturally aspirated) performance
putting nitrous or a turbo on there is like asking it to blow up... just run a gallon nitro-methane through it it will have the same effect and cost far less... or just give me the $8+k you will waste blowing up that motor

3rd - a simple B18A with a small turbo will give you the numbers you are looking for without the nitrous, cost less to build and be FAR more reliable

4th - Spoon anything is overpriced... you can get as good or better shit for less money... unless your looking for the "bling factor" of saying "i have a Spoon engine" ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh :eek:
jerkit.gif

Like E_solsi aid,you'd be better off not wasting money on Spoon,and building a motor that can produce more power for less.

Back