crx sunroof (again)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justmakeitfit

i bet thats been said a few times before i need help sunroof rotted what are the options
ive heard of carbon plugs and fibreglass ones but cant find them , do they just do what they say on the tin and just plug the hole or do they work as a motor roof do they exist or is it just a myth
this is my frst ever post so if im being daft or ive done it wrong please let me know .
thanks, darren

most 'plugs' you find replace the entire sunroof assembly and just plug the hole, leaving you sunroofless. there are a few pieces that replace only the sunroof skin, and you still would have a fully-functional sunroof with a fiberglass/carbon fiber panel, but these are generally hard to find and expensive if you do. lighterfaster.com sells a complete carbon fiber sunroof plug kit, and from what i've read they're extremely good quality. i plan on buying one myself eventually, when i have the extra cheese to spend.

another option would be to search around on the internet or on the phone for wrecked CRX Si's in dryer states that are less prone to rust. I had no problem finding a rust-free panel a year or so ago when I started restoring my rex.

complete carbon fiber sunroof plug kit, thankyou for replying but im now confused does that one work as a sunroof or just plug the hole ? forgive me as i know not what i say..:)

the 'complete carbon fiber sunroof plug kit just plugs the hole.

hi turtle i had one made works a treat and its lighter its all good the pattern was the expensive bit also had to contact honda access in belgium to get the ok to make the pattern but they were really cool about it and have asked if i can send them a sample seems to be a common fault lol:D

Back