CRX swap decision help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MBCRXMAN35

CRX Fan
Hey, I have an '88 crx si with a d16a6 motor, im debating on just rebuilding the engine or swaping it .. i dont have much of a budget for the swap but i can save up to it if need be. what do you think i should, i was thinking just keeping the d and rebuild to make a pretty fast d to be slightly diff from most ppl

if your on a tight budget then i would stick to the d. ask blanco about them, he preaches the d series gospel so.... yeah.

Yo bro if your on a budget just do a mini-me swap.

Your in the perfect car to do a mini in, the d16a6 block is the strongest d series block. Just strap a d16z6 head or d16y8 head on your block and youll have a pretty descent whip. Junkyard turbo that beotch and youll be in a pocket rocket.

Search for mini-me swap!!!

OBD-1 conversion is an expensive route to go. Just rebuild the bottum end such as hone cylinder walls and re-ring it (new piston rings) and get a conversion gasket set which is bottum end gasket set. New water pump/timing belt and thermostat. If the cylinder head is good then just resurface it and if you want more compression mill it. Will need a new head gasket of course. Good luck with what ever you decide on doing, Peace!

Back