CRX swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

What cars would i find this motor in

"DOHC 1.6 Non VTEC, Black valve cover. When people say ZC, this is the engine most of them will be referring to. Rated at roughly 130 hp and 108 ft/lbs. of torque. Very similar to the US Acura Integra for 88-89(D16A1) but with different mounts and head. This engine is called the D16A8 and A9 in European markets. It was available in the Japanese market CRX from 88-91, remained available in a lower end Integra until 93 and is still in use in several models of Land Rovers hatchback in England. So that means there are new ZCs out there but chances of you getting one of the older ones is more likely. This engine will bolt right in, no fabrication of mounts and no wiring problems. If you’re on a budget, you can even use your old si ecu, exhaust manifold and transmission, but these will choke the quoted 130 hp number to less."

what do you need help with? did you ask a question?? you answered your own question and listed like 3 cars that that engine would be found in.

jesus, what is it with these damn n00bs lately?

:wtf: :emofo: :newbie: :blah: :rant:

DO a search, I don't know how many times this has been asked. I'll give you a clue, look for threads that deal with japanese engine importers.

dude in ur statement u said the engine that came from the Japanese domestic market CRX/Civic Si's. THERE U GO MAN. A JDM ZC? WOW? FROM 88-91 CRX's and CIVIC's? OMG? go to www.hmotors.com and look.

fyi they're hard to come by from an engine supplier without paying triple what you would normally pay minus the tranny.

Back