CRX throwing engine & oil lights (simultaneously)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DIRT NASTY

Hey guys,

CRX with D16Z6 VTEC swap.

When it was running off the old CRX computer, once in a while (maybe once a week) it would throw the engine & oil lights simultaneously. (only on cold motor)

Now I have finished the full OBD1 conversion so it's running off a P28, and now the same combo (engine & oil lights at the same time) lights up EVERY TIME the engine is cold.

Once it warms up, i can reset the ECU and it won't come back until next time the engine is cold again.

Any ideas what to check? What does this combo of lights mean? (this CRX has had the gauge cluster swapped before so its possible someone messed up the wiring too....)

idk but ive been told if that oil light comes on if theres oil in the car or not shut it down immediately cause you could be fuckedd

I've seen it come on b/c low oil....but it could also be like what hondafreak thought with a clog or a bad oil pump. But I do not think those things throw an engine code so he may have multiple things going on.

EDIT: Duh....maybe the code is VTEC Oil Pressure? But why would it do it with the non-VTEC ECU too?

Last edited:
the oil light comes on when the head and block is getting low oil pressure, caused by the two I stated or could be low on oil too..... the engine light well is another subject..

Back