1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRX throwing engine & oil lights (simultaneously)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by DIRT NASTY, Dec 24, 2010.

1. DIRT NASTY

DIRT NASTY New Member

Hey guys,

CRX with D16Z6 VTEC swap.

When it was running off the old CRX computer, once in a while (maybe once a week) it would throw the engine & oil lights simultaneously. (only on cold motor)

Now I have finished the full OBD1 conversion so it's running off a P28, and now the same combo (engine & oil lights at the same time) lights up EVERY TIME the engine is cold.

Once it warms up, i can reset the ECU and it won't come back until next time the engine is cold again.

Any ideas what to check? What does this combo of lights mean? (this CRX has had the gauge cluster swapped before so its possible someone messed up the wiring too....)

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Check.......the code when it cold.....then try to think of alternative options.

3. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

the oil light coming on when cold could be the oil pump... or clogged oil pick up tube..

4. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

check your t-stat ground..

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

idk but ive been told if that oil light comes on if theres oil in the car or not shut it down immediately cause you could be fuckedd

6. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I've seen it come on b/c low oil....but it could also be like what hondafreak thought with a clog or a bad oil pump. But I do not think those things throw an engine code so he may have multiple things going on.

EDIT: Duh....maybe the code is VTEC Oil Pressure? But why would it do it with the non-VTEC ECU too?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  7. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

the oil light comes on when the head and block is getting low oil pressure, caused by the two I stated or could be low on oil too..... the engine light well is another subject..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted