CRX to Teg brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright guys, as you know i have been trying to convert my front disk, rear drum, crx into having all disks with the teg oversized fronts

we have a wrecked 94 gsr but the brakes will not fit, do we need to change out the whole arm or are they supposed to be bolt on? do we just have the wrong year, or the wrong car? will the rears work or do we need something else? we will give the junkyard a call for whatever we need, we want to get this done soon, so just let me know what i need and i will get pics of what it looks like once we are done!

thanks guys

You need to swap the steering knuckle assembly- but if you use Integra parts on the CRX, your geometry will be all screwy. Use the front end parts from a 90-91 Civic EX sedan.

you need 90-93 teg front and rears... and the ebrake cables from a crx si the teg ones are too long, but you can use them...

what all do i need, just the master cylinder, calipers, rotors, and thats it? or do i need more like the whole a-arms n stuff

I just finished swapping my 91 crx brakes for 91 teg brakes. You have two options. You can either machine the caliper brackets. Or you can swap the steering knuckles. If you swap knuckles you will need an alignment. Everything however bolts up. I swapped the knuckles. It makes buying parts later much easier.

if you want to trade i'm getting rid of my crx and it has 90 teg brakes with new pads and rotors. ill trade you for your set up.. i need 94-01 teg brakes for my ek

mine also has extended lugs in the front.... AND i dont know about the tegs making the geometry "screwy"... they aligned the suspension to oem spec at tire kingdom with no problems, but calesta knows his shit, so i'm at a loss

see my crx sale thread for pics
pm me

Last edited:
will that affect camber/caster or toe in/ toe out

i just installed eibach sportlines on my crx and my 17''s are literally in the fender whell, so if i raises my wheel back to straight up and down im not sure they will clear, if i can get the new gsr rotor stuff to fit i will, my dad mentioned they are aluminum tho, will that mean they will not work?

if they wont then i will just trade this guy and we will be good to go!

the main difference is that the geometry of EFs and DAs are verry similar. however the difference in geometry between the 94-01 integras/92-00 civics & an EF are greater

well this is a 94 teg, so i would probably be better off just swapping you, correct? which all parts are you needing? cuz im needing the front and rear conversion, but if you just have fronts then i will settle for that

i have it all
front/back, integra ebrake cables, calipers, new rotors, rarely used pads, spindels
arp extended lugs,

show me some pics. and ill post some of the actual things you will recieve.... lmk everything is on the rex

If you are having problems with wheel clearance. you need to put on fender flares. having a crappy alignment to get wider tires to fit is amateur hour. You might also need a hub spacer to get the wheel away from the frame so it doesnt rub. I dont know what the specs on you r rims is. My crx is dropped 2" with a teg knuckle conversion. I run 02 civic ex rims. The 185/65r15 work perfect for clearing with a proper alignment. If you screw up your camber you will go through tires three times as fast. Not to mention the only thing your car will be good for is figure8 racing.

lol u do have a point there, as for what i have on the 94 teg, i have everything, we have the whole car without motor, so whatever you need just let me know lol

i can take them off on saturday 9/30

send pics to you [of actual goods youll recieve, i expect the same] & ship out asap

ill include the entire front & back suspension including brake cables with out shocks/springs

pm me

sorry i been super busy, the only problem is we most likely wont be able to take the brakes off the car unless we are for sure on the trade, this car has no motor what so ever, what all pieces do you need?

Back