crx to z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dkeller99

first time posting!!! i cant find and info on swaping a d16z6 into a dpfi 91 crx. the harness is what is giving me the problem. i have the z6 harness in the donor car still. should i try to fish it through or splice wires? should i get a crx si harness and go resistor box route? i really dont need any lights this car will be race only.

hi and welcome - happy 1st post, plz update this thread with any wisdom you gather - i've got a 91 dpfi rex myself and will have to start considering a swap in the nearish future (245k on original).

thanks and g'luck with your swap!

wow jumper harness, changing connectors for dizzy, making wires longer, adding injectors! call me crazy but would nt it be easier to swap body harness and re pin the ip connector and re use the d16 engine harness with no mods? i did that with a b18c1 into a dpfi crx?

i didnt tell you that i only need to re pin the ip cluster because this car is going to be race only, (should have... i know) the start and ignition wires will be on a push button and fuel pump will be spliced. the grounds well you know. started taking del sol harness out today dr side looks like a charm. if you want i will keep you posted even if i fail

i am actually attempting to same thing but i have neither the dx harness or the z6 harness. i would need to use connectors off the z6 donor harness in order to modify the stock dx harness right? or is it the other way around.

Back