CRX turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

hey my friend is giving me a 1st generation eclipes turbo and i was wondering what i could do with it? I remember an artical in import tuner around this time last year about it but i can't find it. I know nothing about turbos so any info would be helpful. a shopping list would be nice :D . It is the turbo only so i know i need alot more. thanx.

i got this list from honda tuning.

from road race eng or local performance shop

three 2.25-inch u- bend steel
one 2.5 inch, 90 degree aluminized bend
one downpipe flange
one downpipe gasket
one 1g blow-off valve flange
one 1g blow off valve gasket
one 6-cm gasket
one turbo-to-oxygen sensor housing gasket
one oil return line
one oil return gasket
one silicone 2.25-inch to 2-inch reducer hose
one foot of rubber 2.25-inch hose
nine 2.75 inch heavy duty clamps
one 3inch heavy duty clamp
one 1g blow off valve
one 1g oxygen sensor housing
one 2g stock intercooler core

local junk yard

crx hf manifold

auto parts store

one 60-inch long .25inch hard line
one 1/8 inch npt male to male fitting
one 1/8 inch female "t" fitting
one 1/8 inch npt male to 1/4 inch pipe female fitting
one 1/2 inch i.d. rubber hose, 1 foot
one can of high temp paint
four qts of oil
one oil filter

least they spent was $225 most was $560

at 6-7 psi this dynoed @172.7 whp from a stock 106.3. 6 psi is safe for a daily driver and non built motor

you need to get an adapter plate, to mate the turbo to the manifold, this site will be extremely helpfull to youif you are serious about this, he explains how to build your own custom turbo set up and what is needed to tune it. www.homemadeturbo.com

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Feb 28 2004, 01:56 PM
so without changeing the pistons or and fuel management upgrrades i can boost at 6-7 psi and get 172.7 HP?

at the very least, you need an inline pump, a missing link, and an FMU for fuel management.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 28 2004, 02:27 PM-->
tylonalsnifnfool
@Feb 28 2004, 01:56 PM
so without changeing the pistons or and fuel management upgrrades i can boost at 6-7 psi and get 172.7 HP?

at the very least, you need an inline pump, a missing link, and an FMU for fuel management.

well they got this crx to run these numbers w/o doing any of that . in part 2 they up the boost a bit and add bigger injectors and stuff like that.

who is "they"???? you can boost as much as you wanna boost without getting these parts, but your motor is gonna hand grenade within a few days, take his advice and get the parts, those are bare minimum your car is gonna need to run that, if you dont wanna spend money on those things, just boost like 3-4 pounds, your still gonna need a missing link at least, or your ecu is gonna wig out.

if you add more air without adding more fuel, you're a moron. end of story.

at the very least, and fmu is required.
in order to fill the rail from the higher pressure the fmu creates, you need the inline pump.
and inorder to boost more than 2 psi without throwing a map code, you need some sort of check valve.

im sorry, but that magazine is fucking retarded.

Back