crx w/b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

panterica

I have just bought a crx with a b16a in it, I was just wanting to get some info about the motor, if its jdm or usdm or what? the block has b16a stamped on it with 5xxxxxx underneath it, and the head is stamped pr3-3, i would just like to know if its a first or second generation b16a, and also if its a jdm or usdm motor.

also the transmission doesnt have 3rd or 4th right now, its a cable tranny and im pretty sure its a lsd, i was just wandering if a tranny from a 92 integra would work for it cause one of my friends has one and i would like to know if everything would be the same as far as the axels and mounts and all?

If the engine does not have a number at the end of the engine code, B16A1, or B16A2, then it is a JDM engine. You can look at the head under the exhaust manifold and there is a date stamp, if it's <91 it's first gen, if it's >91 it's a second gen, if it's 91 then it could be either. Yes the transmission from the teg will work, but it won't have LSD.

Back