CRX w/ B18a1 Motor Swap.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

Well, Everything On my swap into my CRX is pretty much done, Theres just a few small problems i need to fix before i get this thing going as an everyday driver.

First off, I bought a brand new battery for my Rex because my old one was thought to be dead. So I put it in and my car is still not holding any power. Does anyone know what the problem could be???? I have one of those circle earth ground wire kits in there, Could the problem have to do with this???? Any suggestions for this problem would help alot.

Next, I swapped 90 teg hubs in the front and everything is in and fine, But Im having problems stopping the thing when i drive it. Ive bled the brakes like 4 times and when i drive it, It wont just stop on the first pump, I have to pump it a few times for it to finally stop. I have slotted rotors with kevlar brake pads if that makes a difference. Am I bleeding it wrong??? Is it the master cylinder???? What could be the problem?????

Hey CRex,
I don't have much to offer but here is my $.02

Yeah, the ground kit could be a problem. Double check all your wiring and connections. Also, check the alternator. If it is not holding power then either it's not recharging (=alternator prob) or there is some draw on it when the car is not running. My mom had a brand new Chrysler 300M that if she didnt drive for a few days the batter would die. Long story short, the glove box light had a bad switch and was staying on all the time.

Regarding the brakes. Here's a question: Do you have to pump the brakes the first time you stop it after bleeding or every time? Because it is normal to have to pump it the first time after bleeding the brakes. But then it should firm up. Also, check that your brake reservoir cap is secured tightly.

Id do a check of the grounds, especially the oem tranny ground, also either post up or do a search on the site for the proper bleeding procedure, its been discussed multiple times

Where is the tranny ground located??? Is that the ground that has 2 grounds connected to 1??? Also, I have a brand new Alternator, So it couldnt be the alternator. Can someone please tell me how many grounds total there are on the motor and where and what they are???? THANKS

if it is a brand new crx alt there is the prob my boy has 95 civic ex with a jdm b18c1 aand the guy at did the swap used the civic alt and he went threw like 2 batteries befor he found out so check what kind of alt u have

The alternator is for a 90 integra, not a crx. Does it matter what kind of battery it is????? Cause i bought the cheapest battery there is for a CRX, should i get one for an integra?

there is no such thing as a battery for a crx a battery is a battery

Back