CRX: wiring an ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zatzy

I was wondering if anyone knows of a site, or a book, or a cd. something that will help me with wiring my ls/vtec. I understand the whole swap...accept for the wriing. so i need a very detailed digram or pics to explain this to me. I feel stupied so i need stupied answers :blink: So any good info would be great. I have a 89 honda crx dx....i have converted it to MPFI....but a buddy of mine just pulled the wiring harness out without labeling...so im lost of what goes where. The real info i need is what connectors on the stock harness do i not need to use...and what ones do i have to convert to fit the setup..... 89 honda crx jdm head on a 98 integra b18b1 block. please any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx
Zatzy

This to me is personally the slowest forum. I have waited two days and have had zero replies. I can see many other forums with no replys. quite sad

Originally posted by Zatzy@Jan 9 2005, 10:40 PM
This to me is personally the slowest forum. I have waited two days and have had zero replies. I can see many other forums with no replys. quite sad
[post=443450]Quoted post[/post]​

no idea man....but I remember coming across the same thread awhile back..try the search option....goodluck

you will need to convert to obd1.....beyond that i have no help for you using the d16a6 head....why not invest 4-600 bux and get a b16 head? the b18b wiring SHOULD be fucked up unless you have the original engine wiring harness...you need to modify that harness to fit your chassis. personally i don't believe you on 89 d16a6 head on 98 b block...sorry to say but my bullshit-o-meter is going off.....tell me how that works then we'll move on from there.

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Wiring.htm

buy the one you need and go to a shop and have them intall it it might cost $50-85for the install...

. the money will save you the trouble...if you want to learn yourself look for a write up and have fun

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Jan 10 2005, 10:49 PM
you will need to convert to obd1.....beyond that i have no help for you using the d16a6 head....why not invest 4-600 bux and get a b16 head? the b18b wiring SHOULD be fucked up unless you have the original engine wiring harness...you need to modify that harness to fit your chassis. personally i don't believe you on 89 d16a6 head on 98 b block...sorry to say but my bullshit-o-meter is going off.....tell me how that works then we'll move on from there.
[post=443945]Quoted post[/post]​
what are you talking about. an LX/VTEC is an LS bottom end with a B16 head. no D series head would aven fit on a fuckin b series, where'd you get that shit from?

probably a miss type.....i had the same problem with the wring harness... so the next time the motors out make shure you put the harness on before putting the engine in the bay......

Back