crx wiring problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
Hey guys I am looking at picking up a 91 crx si with a rebuilt d15b7 however it has a wiring issue. The car won't start. The owner says basically the starter isn't getting any power and so when the key is turned nothing happens. If anyone knows how I can fix that I would love the help. This car is exactly what I have been looking for and would like to pick it up but to be completely honest I am scared of wiring issues. I don't really know that much when it comes to that.

any update on this one? wiring issues don't seem too scary - particularly of the starting variety; pretty easy access to all that. is there anything at all when you turn the key? fuel pump click, cranking, or nothing? try swapping in a spare main relay, check the battery? :shrug2:

I haven't gone to see the car yet. He says the alarm may have something to do with it. But I am trying to figure out a list of ideas to try before I buy the car to see if I could possibly get it running before I hand over the cash.

if i was you ill buy the car first then fix it later. if you fix it he will probly ask for more cash hehe
any ways 91 crx si are the best cars...

:werd: odds are really damn good it's fixable; the only concern i'd have is what other issues you won't be aware of due to the not starting - but really if the price is right, pretty much any issue is fixable. i wanna see pics of this car :drool:

I will get them eventually. but he dropped the price to $1150. So the price is right. It has a ton of aftermarket work done and a rebuilt motor. Basically no matter how the body looks all the work this car has done plus the motor is well worth what he is selling it for. But that is what worries me with it not able to start I don't know if anything else is wrong.

i would chek the obvious like the plug 2 the starter the little one next 2 the ground wire cause they just slid on but just peek it out and if thats not it and u buy it pull the starter off and hook it to a battary and c if works

Yea, definatly check the starter plug that slides on. Check ALL your grounds, main relay. Battery ofcourse. Terminals. Just narrow it down on the starting system. If you hear the starter click, you know its something that happens AFTER the starter. If it doesnt click or anything, check everything before the started. Its all in a line. Just knock it down 1 by 1.

-Carl-

Back