crx with b swap NO SPARK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

russianswty

Okay so I've dropped a ls/vtec into a 89 crx Si using a obd1 setup. So I've got the
obd0-1 ecu jumper, p28 ecu and all the sensors. Yes I'm using the stock harness
with the addition of the extras that I need. And the motor is not firing up.
So I've narrowed it down to one thing, no spark.

I have gone through all my wiring to check it and it looks fine.
The coil is receiving the 12+ volts
The entire ignition system has been replaced with new stuff
that includes the entire new distributor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs
The battery has juice. The motor is cranking (not seized) so yes the rotor
is turning.

Ive even tried connecting back my pm6 Si ecu and still no spark. Whats could
be my problem?

so youve already looked at the plug wires to see? Have you checked you dizzy wires to see if the 2 white wires didnt get mixed up? what dizzy are you using? i had a similar problem and it turns out that you cant use a gsr dizzy on a b16 head.lol

what are your codes?

hmmm

No its not that,
It's a p72 head. (gsr) and its the gsr distributor for it, but I had double checked on that
white wires to be in the right area, I think i'll go flip them and see if I get anything. Thanks

Do you have your ground straps hooked up?? 1 on tranny and one on valve cover/head??
I had a crx that just died one day because the ground wire that was on the valve cover broke. It took me forever to figure it out, I put a new ground wire on and it fired right up.

ill try anything

yeah i have all those grounds and the one that goes on the thermostat housing.
But ill go try to add another one to another place on the valve cover see if that helps.

Funny, I have a gsr dizzy on my b16 head and it works just fine. . .

mine had to be put 1.5 inches or so forward in order to stay on. I dont know what was up but It came off of a gsr motor. It didnt work. i put an ls dizzy and has worked ever since. it was definitly wierd:confused:

fixed it.

actually turns out buying the jumper harness was a waist of money, I followed there instructions and happens that they screwed me up on one of the distributor wires. So I just checked the wiring did a continuity check and found the problem, just one wire in the wrong spot, and bam the beast(open headers) fired up

thanks anyways

they should have been all color matched except for the fat white wire. I think that one goes to the yellow with green line.

either glad you got it running. I know how it feels:D

it works

yeah, well it was kind of weird, it had those two wht wires, but it also had
the yellow/w green wire, which I ended up hooking up. So one of the white
wires isnt going to anything.
Kind of weird. Hope it all works good, I've only fired it up, havn't had a chance
to drive it yet. :(

yeah, well it was kind of weird, it had those two wht wires, but it also had
the yellow/w green wire, which I ended up hooking up. So one of the white
wires isnt going to anything.
Kind of weird. Hope it all works good, I've only fired it up, havn't had a chance
to drive it yet. :(

:huh: WTF? dude your telling us that you only have 1 white wire hooked up?? your supposed to hook up everything to its color. the fat wire goes to the yellow/grn. wire. I dont understand how the car is running at all. If it is you WILL throw a code. there should be ABSOLUTELY NO extra wires

oh well

well I havnt really ran the car, just got it fired up, so when everything's back together I guess I'll find out then.

Back