Crx wont crank or turn over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

si88crx

The other day i tried to crank my crx with the b18b1 swap. When i tried to crank the car it wouldnt even turn over but when i got out the car i could see fuel dripping from the fuel filter which i could imagine the fuel pump is working. also when i looked on the dash the batter light was flash and also a couple of other lights that i'm not sure what it could be. Has anyone else had the same trouble and if so how did you fix it? If you have any helpful tips on what i should look for anything would be nice?

The line that runs to the fuel rail is streaming out at the fuel filter. Alot of people have been telling me that i need to replace the sealing washer gasket. Is there any way i could buy these at a parts store instead of buyinh a whole fuel filter? And if so what size would i need to get?

New fuel filter to fix the leak (make sure it comes with new washers too)

Not sure but maybe a main relay needs a change too. My main relay went out and the car wouldn't even turn over.....not even really click. But its a 92 Civic

I fixed the fuel leaking problem and replaced the main relay. Now when i try to crank the car it wont turn over or start but it makes 1 clicking noise.

Are you getting spark?

After you try to start it....do the plugs smell like gas (aka injectors are firing)??

To tell the truth i dont even think i'm getting a spark. I took off the distributor cap and saw alittle oil coated on the bottom of the inside of the cap. What does it mean if you see the oil on the cap? and also whats a good way to test for a spark?

The oil could be a simple seal or something worse. May need a new distributor and it's the source of your problem.

Take a plug out and re attach the spark plug wire to it while you rest it on metal on the motor and turn it over. You'll see an arc of electricity if you have spark.

You could .....get a new distributor and cross your fingers......or do a spark test.

But these distributors can go out and be worthless......use a firend's dizzy to test.....if you can.

I fixed the fuel leaking problem and replaced the main relay. Now when i try to crank the car it wont turn over or start but it makes 1 clicking noise.

sounds like your battery cable is loose.
check grounds, cable and make sure you've got plenty of juice.

Solder gun or torch with some solder. Get some 8-gauge wire (minimum) and some fittings to solder.

Youtube.com

I'm worried that your confidence level isn't enough. You should think about a mechanic fixing it for you and just pay for it.

I used 6-gauge wire. I exposed about 3/8" of wire on each end and twisted them tight. I cut each piece to the desired length. The wire is thick and the solder gun wasnt heating it up so I ended up putting the fitting into a vise with the receptical sitting up like a cup. I used a butane torch to heat the fitting while I melted solder in it until there was a pool about 2/3 full. I then took the heat off and quickly inserted the exposed portion of the wire into the receptical. Held it there for a moment and it's done. The fittings usually come with heat shrink to clean it up.

Here's the ones I did for my current swap. It's automotive wire and cheap fittings. Just need a torch or something comparable.

100_1615.jpg

Another guy said I should check my clutch safety switch but 88 crx doesn't come with them

Check grounds and power connections like Taco said. Headlights and stereo work fine? Instrument cluster light up?

After that....You need to check for spark. It will not shock you lol. Just get it done. The spark you'll see is tiny too.

had the dame problem,,,, check your ground wire from the body to the negative terminal on the battery.....and all the rest of the grounds

Back