Crx wont start after GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tcpappas

Have a complete GSR swap from HMO, running a p72 with a Hondata s300, Rywire conversion harness and a walbro high pressure fuel pump. After the install I got in the car and turned on the key, could hear the fuel pump kick on. Waited for it to turn off and tried to crank it. It will turn over all day but will not fire. Didn't have much time to mess with it after because i work tonight. Just looking for some pointers to expedite the process when i get to my shop in the morning after work.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the POS wire that connects to the battery was getting pretty warm when i was trying to crank it, Is that something that would point toward a bad ground? Either way I am headed to my shop in a few min to try some things. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Went to my shop, grinded away the paint where the negative terminal connects to the chassis and it eliminated the positive wire getting warm, pulled the number 1 plug and its getting spark so it narrowed it to fuel. Pulled the fuel line and put it in a milk jug and got nothing when the fuel pump primed nor when i cranked it. Sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body and it turned over. The fuel pump is a 255lph walbro I can hear it prime when i turn the key on. My question, is there a fuel cut off somewhere that I need to look for? I put six gallons of fuel into it before I started trying so i can only assume that is enough for the fuel pump to pick up.

Possibly a clogged fuel filter or fuel line. Did the car sit for a long time? I only ask because my friends CRX that I built sat for 3 years, and I had to replace the gas tank, it was full of rust. A piece of rust could have blocked one of the hard lines leading up to the front of the car.

Im working another 7P-7A tonight but tomorrow Im going to go to my shop and drop the tank again. take off the supply line and blow through it and see if it has any blockage. Where is the fuel filter located on the HF? I have to believe that the fuel pump is installed correctly because you can hear it turn on. But I might as well pull it out again just to double check. Thank you again for the help

The hard line should come out on the firewall. It then goes to the filter which is mounted in a bracket on the firewall as well. Pull the filter off and force some air through the pump end to make sure its not blocked. Also replace the filter to be sure its good.

Back