CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wanted to know thats besides the B16, what other motors can I drop into my CRX ? are h22s or B20s possible without major chassie modifications?

Pretty much any B-series goes into the CRX. H22's require a lot of fabricating but i heard that place racing is actually making a kit for the h22 swap. The h22 swap isn't a swap you want to drive around the city with, with all the weight in the front your car will understeer like mad.

So both The H22 And B20 Arent good in the CRX for Daily Drivers? What would be good combo then? LS w/b16 or B18c1 head, or Just got full B18c1 motor?

Well it depends on what you want to do with the car and how much money you want to spend. If you were gonna go turbo i would get a b18 if you wanted all motor and i would go with the b16.

best way to go is b16 it will be plenty for you. but if you need more speed then go ls/vtec. h22 is a hard swap and takes alot of mods. for instance my buddy did it in his crx and had to cut a hole in the hood to fit it under it! not my choice thing to do but whatever. and to tell you the truth the car wasnt really that fast i think he pulled a 13.5 fastest time! for all that money! he was so pissed!

Why doesnt anyone ever answer peoples questions. Yes a B20 will work in your car. The only down side is OBD-2 96-97 B20B and 98-99 B20Z's. You have a lot of fun wiht the wiring. Other htan that, go for the B series. that's what I plan on doing. Im going to drop a B20B into my soon to be acquired 90 CRX DX, and simply drop some LS cams in there and have some cool going power.

AND NOT ANY B SERIES WILL WORK. For example, take into consideration the B20A5 from 88-91 Preludes, are the shitiest B series every made. I think they may have even been in the Accords of that year, unless those were A series engines.

Thanks Spodab1,

I'm Really set on puttin a B20b into my CRX, but many people say I have to Modify the CRX chassie like crazy and get a Cowl hood, And It would be a horrible Daily Driver, How much You think someone would charge for just the swap itself? hmmmmm So A B20 would fit in my crx eh ? :D :D

I dont think the deck height is that much different between a LS and a B20, but who am I to say these things. However, you can just simply get a JDM SIR hood, or a ZC hood. (I'll post pictures of the two after this post.) About the chassis issue, you have to make a 6"x6" square dent for alternator clearance (sp?). Who the hell said it would be a horrible daily driver, it wont be any worse than a GSR or ITR engine in the car. I think the people you were talking to had the CRV engien confused with an H22 or some shit, or they were just stupid, :p. Yes, a B20 will fit nicely in the engine bay and be a bad ass Weekend Contender! (Just put some LS cams in that bitch, Stock LS cams, Ive seen one Dyno that LS cams added about 15-16 FWHP [front wheel horsepower]).

Good Luck. Brian

Here's the pictures of the JDM SIR HOOD and ZC Hoods.

JDM SIR (JDM SHIT)
s405ce70324a1d.jpg

ZC Hood (JDM SHIT)
s405ce6d42bf39.jpg

Notice on the SIR HOOD how it's completely backwards from the US counterpart. Instead of hte indent, its raised, like a cowl hood. And as for the ZC hood, it's obvious, the huge buldge in the hood, on the LEft hand side. Just thought these would help. Both these hoods would eliminate any clearance issues with the USDM hood. Good luck again.

what about a f22a motor out of an accord 90-93?
anyone tried this in a crx

Back