CRXand R1, Heads up!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes. I'm in vegas... wanna race? Hihih.. just kidding, I'm not a racer... I just like crusing around with friends around town. Where're your shop located at? One day I might bring my bike down there for a service or a tune up.

"You heard it hear first,,, next

The R1's are fast as hell, granted it should have won. But Dhracing just admitted that. Its not like he is trying to say that he took him or anything. But hey the crx is sick either way. Good run. I would say build the bottom end. Is it boosted already?
All motor on this one. I have done the "boost" thing for awhile. My last one was my 9 sec hatch. Being a owner/head engineer of a performance shop I am working with turbo rides all the time. The list of all motor "fast" cars is alot smaller. So I thought I would try it out for awhile. "You heard it hear first,,, next season plan to see DH Racing's SOHC All motor beast..look out "BISI". :eek:

don't mind him. he usually doesn't have anything nice to say.

Can't forget one of his fav bikes is a Ninja 250 ^_^

I do agree the Busa while I loved the look as a kid, now I find it kind of bland then again most any larger bike isn't my style. I'd rather have massive power in a small chassis, like my GSX-R =)

I do agree the Busa while I loved the look as a kid, now I find it kind of bland then again most any larger bike isn't my style. I'd rather have massive power in a small chassis, like my GSX-R =)
i like my R6. it's like having a b16 in an eg. if you know how to run it, you can use the top end really well.

Jeffie... have you ever ridden a 250?

Jeffie... have you ever ridden a 250?
I must say... no, I have not, however I've spent a good bit of time on my friends 2003 Ninja 500 figure I've had it out 4 maybe 5 times.

After spending time on my 1000 myself as with most people I know that ride cannot go back to a 600 for street use, it just sucks not having torque, I can leave my bike in 6th gear at 25mph and NOT have to shift.

I don't know of a single person that knows how to ride a bike that has anything good to say about the 250s other then they can go faster on a 250 then most noobs on 600s and thats true on backroads but for everyday riding, my god life sucks on the 500. I couldn't do it. even at that the same person that can go faster on a 250 then a normal rider on a 600 can easily handle a 1000. I guess the main problem is I really don't think Celerity knows how to ride all that well, he's still pretty new, maybe the 250 is so great because he feels really good on the bike? I have no clue, all I know is there's no way I could go back to a 600 even if it was a new 2007 600RR with 130hp, for street use the bike just sucks. With saying that, do keep in mind 2-3 years into riding, I thought my F4i was everything I could ever want and that it was the perfect power for the street... boy was I wrong. Torque owns all, being able to easily power out of corners at ANY rpm just rocks. I love it.

Same goes for owning another basic civic after having a car with good torque/power there's no way I can go back, I had a civic LX and couldn't wait to sell it, thats why I have the TL now. I'd own a IS250 since it has the 6 speed option but F having a low torque low power motor. I can't do it for daily driving, even more so since I'm on the highway a lot.

Last edited:
Your opinions and observations are opposite those with 15+ years of riding. Those are the people that have taken me under their wing.

I rode out a few times with an old man (70+ years old) on his 1965 Harley full dresser, and his two sons (one on a built bike, the other on an older Kawasaki 1000) and their dad WHIPPED our asses. He has proven, beyond any argument or conversation, that experience is THE key to performing well on a bike. This older guy is also "a small displacement guy", which I guess is something that I Can appreciate.

I have a hyper bike, and it's GREAT fun. But it's really only for the track. It's too sick for the roads, I use 10% of what it can do 10% of the time, and it's waste.

The 250 I used 100% of 100% of the time, and found it to be a perfect bike for my riding. And by riding a bike that was within my skill range, I was making younger friends on larger bikes look stupid.

I have a hyper bike, and it's GREAT fun. But it's really only for the track. It's too sick for the roads, I use 10% of what it can do 10% of the time, and it's waste.

The 250 I used 100% of 100% of the time, and found it to be a perfect bike for my riding. And by riding a bike that was within my skill range, I was making younger friends on larger bikes look stupid.

ZX12R is NOT a track bike, it's a highway queen unless you're talking about drag. ZX12R
I rarely ride with people my age and have also come up with people who are 40+ in fact most sport bike riders I deal with are at least 30, I hate younger riders since they do very stupid things.

It's one thing to do stupid things handle it its another to push your limits day in and day out when you feel they're on the edge of hitting a tree every turn.

Come to think of it my Insurance ladies hubby is also in instructor, he doesn't even start people on 250s lol SV650 all the way.

All I'm saying is basing on how much you prise the 250, you must feel really good on the bike and that's why you like it so much, if my GSX-R1000 scared me or felt like it had too much power I too wouldn't want to ride often and would rather go back to a 600. but thats not the case, the 1K fits my needs and is an all around bike, it's hard to argue with doing 3K rpm on the highway VS the old 7K of my F4i for just keeping up with traffic, the 1K makes a great street bike and as does your 12R its a wonderful street bike, not the best on backroads but on the highways that thing is at home. I know a good bit of people who ride them long distance due to bike setup.

You should go check out a Z1000 or FZ1 I bet you'd like those bikes for street use, they have more of an upright seat like the 250, no doubt bigger, but they have an over all good sense of power/not gonna kill yourself ratio.

As I've said before, let me know when you're in the area I'd love to go riding with you. =)

Last edited:
By Track, I do mean "Drag". As far as road course, "sport" and "track" bikes fall into a very specific CC range. You know this though,

The Z1000 and bikes of that nature just don't set my heart on fire like full fairing bikes. I can't fall in love with it.

the 250 Ninja didn't even have plastics that I loved, but it was acceptable (Seeing how my "new" 600 is basically the same plastics). That in mind, I'm not totally craving my 250 anymore. I AM, however, starting to like the idea of a Sachs MadAss more and more.

how does every thread that involves a motorcycle end up in a discussion about 250's vs 1000's?

250's are fun, versatile and commuter bikes. they are a fun class to have on a road course. 600's and 1000's are good, multi use bikes for track and daily. 1200+ is a drag/freeway queen.

/discussion. we go round and round about this, and we still have the same opinions. haha

After riding for 12 years and being on street bikes for 5 I can completely agree that torque owns EVERYTHING on the street. The most fun I have ever had on the street is with my 250.

like I have said already for a highway cruiser it just gets uncomfy, but I can still peg away at 120mph... and still get 50mpg.

Btw, Jeffie... a 500 is nothing like a 250.... its just a really slow 600. A 250 is more like a dirt bike.

Then why not buy a Suzuki DR, or enduro bike?
Because those are dirt bikes... the only way to explain the bike is to someone who has owned one.

The only way I can explain it to you is through what you know.

So look at it like this, Remember the first time you got your bike and that feeling of freedom and fear gripped you at the same time. How you found out the bike was actually easy to control and you started to become better.

Then remember when you moved up from the 600 you started on to bigger bikes or started riding friend bikes and wanted to go faster.... and you got to a point where hearing the motor peg limiter in top gear was just something that happens.....

Imagine every great feeling from a bike that you have ever had and imagine that you get that feeling every day you ride. Every single day.

The ONLY two things the bike lacks are gearing and torque. Gearing is a sprocket swap and torque comes from pods,jets, exhaust..... its fast enough for me, I keep up with my 2 close friends in the corners and if they ever want to hit it and run down the highway I have a bottle that helps me along.

Because those are dirt bikes... the only way to explain the bike is to someone who has owned one.

The only way I can explain it to you is through what you know.

So look at it like this, Remember the first time you got your bike and that feeling of freedom and fear gripped you at the same time. How you found out the bike was actually easy to control and you started to become better.

Then remember when you moved up from the 600 you started on to bigger bikes or started riding friend bikes and wanted to go faster.... and you got to a point where hearing the motor peg limiter in top gear was just something that happens.....

Imagine every great feeling from a bike that you have ever had and imagine that you get that feeling every day you ride. Every single day.

The ONLY two things the bike lacks are gearing and torque. Gearing is a sprocket swap and torque comes from pods,jets, exhaust..... its fast enough for me, I keep up with my 2 close friends in the corners and if they ever want to hit it and run down the highway I have a bottle that helps me along.

I love the handling of a super sport, the 250 does not have that, I love the power of a super sport, the 250 does not have that. You can argue that the 250 has great handling but bottom line, VS a true supersport bike.... it does not. No doubt most people can't ride a supersport anywhere near its limits if even half way to the limits and most people can ride a 250 at least much closer to its limits. but for the few who can, going from a liter bike or even a 600, back to a 250...... not gonna happen.

If I want a bike to tool around town on I'd much rather spend some butt time on a something like a Shadow or triumph, speed triple anyone? Mmmm =)

250 is a wonderful bike for starters but to ride one daily, I have no idea how anyone can do it, then again I feel the same way about stock civics, yet people swear by them. They start up, run forever, and get good gas mileage, no doubt a nice thing, but when it comes to the joys of riding, I could never go back from a fat ass rear tire and close to 200hp on tap. not unless it was a totally different style of bike, even then it would need torque to be used on the street by me, I could never go back.

Dave Hickman??? Is that you??? I haven't heard your name pop up for a while around here (Lancaster) I just know you by name. We never met in person. I used to roll with Jeremy Nutt. Last I heard your name wasn't the most respected around here but it's good to see all that is behind you and you're doing good now. Do you come back into town often?

On another note, I actually just sold a turbo manifold to a friend that you made a LONG LONG time ago. It's a log style manifold. I got it from Juan, who sold it to Fernando, who sold it to me, I sold it to my friend Mike, I bought it back from him, then I just recently sold it to another friend who moved to Texas lol. That manifold has been around the block and back lol. I think Rudy actually had it before it went to Juan. I wonder how many other people had it before Rudy lol. Still running strong though, no cracks.

Last edited:
Is this THREAD JACKING?

I know nothing about bikes so I have no coments in regard. Very interesting topic though.

Back