Cryogenic Intake System?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deth101

has anybody seen or used one of these?made by DEI[design engineering inc.]

I like the idea also espically being able to add muptiple intake coolers but I was hoping to see some proven numbers so I could get a feel for cost effectivness,you gotta love the lack of legality issues though you could run these anywhere

it's like NO2 minuse the Nitrous and add the Carbon. It seems like it will work, I believe the rule is roughly for every 10 degrees down in temp you gain 1% power.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 16 2003, 04:04 PM
it's like NO2 minuse the Nitrous and add the Carbon. It seems like it will work, I believe the rule is roughly for every 10 degrees down in temp you gain 1% power.

Milan

11 degrees

so if you're running a warm air intake you're probably taking in 150 degree air. if it decreases the charge by 35% than you'll be taking in a charge with a temprature of 97.5 degrees. a decrease of 52.5 degrees.
if you're running a stock B16 putting down 140whp than it will be roughly an increase of:

52.5 decrease in temp. = 4.7% increase of power
4.7% increase in power = 6.68 more whp
stock B16 running that system should now have 146.6 wheel hp.

i sure hope my calculations were correct. if they are not, someone please post correct ones.

Back