Cryogenics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i have a brand new cheap obx turbo manifold that i was going to sell...

wODU1MjAzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

but i've decided to use it for my rex until it breaks.... ive also decided to get it Cryogenically dipped....for 3 bucks a pound....

do you guys think it will make if harder, stronger......ive heard that cast pistons after dipping are much much stronger and will last longer

...i am on the smallest budget and every penny counts....any comments

i have heard nothing but crap about OBX products.... but hey if dipping it will make it stronger...... why not try it??

I think it will help to an extent- but i wouldnt waste my money - ride it till it cracks then buy some thing good !

it will help with it being more solid but depending on the welds -- would not matter much -

see the thing is that its for the track only....so i'll make a pass.....turn it off...push until its my turn...start it up....do my pass and repeat...

so i dont want to buy a $600+ manifold until about a year from now....if it breaks ill be SOL

today i'm dropping off the manifold to get some support bars welded on...then its off to the lab for dipping and then ceramic coated.... which will cost a total of 55 bucks + shp +/-

Quoted post[/post]]
see the thing is that its for the track only....so i'll make a pass.....turn it off...push until its my turn...start it up....do my pass and repeat...
so i dont want to buy a $600+ manifold until about a year from now....if it breaks ill be SOL

It'll probably last longer if you just leave the car on through all your runs. Fewer heat cycles = less expansion / compression when the manifold heats up and cools off.

Quoted post[/post]]
today i'm dropping off the manifold to get some support bars welded on...then its off to the lab for dipping and then ceramic coated.... which will cost a total of 55 bucks + shp +/-

Where are you getting it treated? If it's only $3 a pound, I'd like more info...

Quoted post[/post]]

Interesting . . . .

Bracing the manifold usually works on SS autochrome junk's, so maybe it will work here as well plus the dipping . . . . . let us know.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

It'll probably last longer if you just leave the car on through all your runs. Fewer heat cycles = less expansion / compression when the manifold heats up and cools off.

Quoted post[/post]]

Where are you getting it treated? If it's only $3 a pound, I'd like more info...
its 300 below .com or something...the bookmark is at the office pc..i'll get it for you in the mourning...mike you know of places to get coatings right???i think you gave me a number one time....do you still have it...i dont know where i put it...lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Interesting . . . .

Bracing the manifold usually works on SS autochrome junk's, so maybe it will work here as well plus the dipping . . . . . let us know.

i will

Yeah thanks- let me know whenever you get back online.

Coatings- go to Swain Technologies. Google them and you'll find their site.

they have different prices for car parts. but not manifolds arent really specified in the racing section so i guess you could get away with it.

i went against doing the coating...$175 is way too much....maybe with a better manifold but this one is a pos....the freez is all i'll do....sending on 11/3

Back