Cryptkeeper Hit and Run - WTF ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Cliff's Notes:
Celerity gets hit and Run.
NO ONE hits and runs Celerity.
Perp is 100 year old bastard coated bastard with bastard filling
Celerity's Morality is challenged.

I got hit and run today. I thought it was by an actual witch - I didn't get a good look. I did, however, get a good look at the car. A Saturn Ion.

Now when I left the stop sign, I saw him coming at my door, and I gunned it, then cut to the left (Into his direction, so I could get a deflection instead of a hit). Well, I got the deflection I was trying for, but he still hit me. Then - to my surprise - THEY RAN.

I'm with my father. Now my dad and I, we're the same people really. I can get into a car chase with my dad at the co-pilots seat. No problem there. So I give chase.

I chase this cat through town. He's blowing through lights, trying to traffic block, anything an amatuer can do to attempt to lose me. We get about 3 miles down the road, and he disappears into a parking lot in front of a few commercial trucks. I was piloting, my dad spotting.

So I go into the parking lot, and pull up next to them. I'm pretty pissed off at this point, and I start to get an idea of what I'm up against:

This poor old man can't even get out of his car.. It looked like a Saturn being driven by a charred tree. This guy was Jesus' math teacher for shit's sake.

So I break down : I ask "Sir, are you ok?" And I get nothing. He just walks up and looks at his car. It's got loads of grey all over the front corner of his car. He turns around and says "I didn't even goddam hit you !"

Ok. What a way to lie. Nice.

So I further explain "Are you ok? I want you to know that I'm not upset. I AM going to get a cop here for a police report, but I'm not upset" And he walks over to my car, where he hit it, and says "There ain't even any damned damage!"

Well at this point, I'm pretty concerned I have issue with this. But the guy is being a REAL jerk. He's yelling at me "You're scamming the insurance companies!" and "You're scamming me!" and then tells me that I need to grow up and yadda yadda. He's being REALLY mean. I'm maintaining my cool - This guy is OLD and I know he has insurance, it was a mistake, blah blah.

But I also know that that crusty old fucker RAN FROM THE SCENE.

cops show up, took statements, I asked the cop to give him a verbal and not a ticket or arrest him. Apparently his birthday is "2/25/19". Dude, I've never SEEN a birthday start with a 1.

So I've got a bunch of scrapes on the corner of my bumper, and things are ok. If I report this in, my mother's insurance goes up - even though I have no deductible. It WILL bring her rates up next year because it's still a claim.

Do I continue with the insurance claim, get a new bumper, flick a booger on this guy and have him lose everything ? Or do I drop it, wish him a happy birthday and walk away ?

Where is the line between my natural pattern of karma and making people miserable, and my forgiveness for an old man who lived through WWII and the Depression ?

Thoughts ?

It shouldn't have to be clamied on your insurance - you weren't at fault. Filing a claim on his insurance won't affect your insurance rates at all.

Make the old bastard pay for it. Fucker probably shouldn't be driving anyways.

yeah if he was nice i would have settled it without the cop, but he wanted to be a superdouche, run him for everything hes got.

If he was my age I would have tied him to the railroad tracks. I just wonder how far my humanity should go.

He kept on provoking me too "You're a scam!" and "There isn't any goddam damage!" over and over again, on his repetitive geriatric hissyfit.

90 year old people shouldnt' be driving. especially if he is an asshole.

if he was 18, what you you do?

I would nail him to a cross and drag him through the streets, on fire.

You shouldn't be mad at older people: Because if you're lucky - you'll one day be as old as they are. You CAN however do anything you want to younger people, because you've already been there and you can't go back. Fuck em.

It shouldn't have to be clamied on your insurance - you weren't at fault. Filing a claim on his insurance won't affect your insurance rates at all.

Make the old bastard pay for it. Fucker probably shouldn't be driving anyways.

ditto. your ins will only act as the middle man to collect from his and won't effect your rates.

I dont know i think that once u retire..and the check starts coming in then your license should get turned in..65 dmv should take it away....i cant take ny traffic anymore

i would claim it...

i'd claim it also
you saved his ass on the no tickets/arrest

maybe his family should look into his driving
the next time it happens he might kill someone

I agree with recked, people like this shouldn't be on the road, its highly likely that someone like this could seriously injure someone. I say milk the bastard for all he has.

The more important question is why do you have your vehicle on your Mother's policy? Did I misread somewhere???

everyone saying milk him for all he has are just heartless fuckbags
whats the point of bending a 90 year old guy over and raping him?
for all you know he could have no family and takes care of himself on his SS check he gets once amonth
or maybe he was a veteran in WW2

no respect for your elders

Again like i said before after a certain age you SHOULD not be able to drive....or should pass some form of test or something....to many old fuktards out there i dont have grand parents so i dont care *l*...

regardless of age the fucker hit you and ran
then tried to cover it up and make you look like a scammer
he deserves no extra niceties

make his insurance cover the damage

you are not going after him personally... this is what insurance is there for

Fuck it, make the claim and have it fixed. Don't pay out of pocket for something you didn't do. Plus, he tried to run from the scene. If he didn't try to run, and didn't throw a fit I'd let him go, and just fix it myself. But the intention was there - 100 years old or not - to avoid any type of interaction at all.

but first find out if he has any land that we can open a motor sports park....and sue for it.

Back