CT Autocross Events 9/27-28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

FCSCC Event Saturday 9/27 Waterbury

CART Event Sunday 9/28 Bristol

So who's going? One or both(hardcore level ;) )?

<------- Can't. Too much to do before my roadtrip. :(

I'm in for Bristol.... I need those points! ;)

Are Clayton, Steve and Chris going to Bristol? I'd like to see what this new and improved CRX can do....

Nice to see a new autocross thread, thanks for posting it up :)

Have a safe trip!

i'll have the 240 registered tomorrow :)

bristol g-stock, watch out :)

Hey Guys, im from the CT area - where is this autocross event and what do i have to do to enter/compete? I have never done autocross before and i really wanna try it!

Where are you located and which location is more convenient to you? I think all of the Hondaswao autocrossers will just be at Bristol on Sunday. Read this site.... http://www.cartct.com for the directions to Bristol and the times. And then just go and park where you see a bunch of Hondas. Introduce yourself.

The events cost $20 to non-members. You will need a Snell rated helmet. The Waterbury event has (orange) loaner helmets available, Bristol does not. Bristol allows two people to share a helmet. Info for Waterbury here... http://www.fcscc.com/03schedule.htm

Maybe for the first time, it might be easier to watch and just observe asking questions. If you can, go to BOTH events this weekend. Autocrossers are friendly informative people. :)

Edited the CART link.

I'm in the same boat as steve I need a helmet.
but I want to meet up at the whole donut, so I can go.
and a morning wake up call would be nice as well.

Back on topic......

I will be there with the T-Rex...hehe..and I will be prolly in a class I am not ready for...but I think I can take on that V-8 powered Volvo...hehe....wildbill will prolly take me though.

I'm prolly going to hit only the Bristol AutoX...I may have to go up to Boston on Sat to pet some wolves....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 25 2003, 02:47 AM
i'll have the 240 registered tomorrow :)

bristol g-stock, watch out :)

is that what class i will be in B?

stock mirage, azenis only mod.... unless you count the tach clears and custom sidemarkers. :lol:

I want to go, maybe Ill have my faulkens on this weekend.

I also need a helmet.

Originally posted by Jeef@Sep 25 2003, 12:56 PM
I also need a helmet.

So... I think that there's going to be a helmet crisis on Sunday. Some of you really need to step up to the plate and buy helmets. Greenie knows of a place in Enfield, CT that had cheap helmets. So pair off and become helmet buddies. lol. Split the expense. B)

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 25 2003, 01:17 PM
What time should i show up to the one on This Saturday? Lunch time?

For watching, for either meet I would recommend getting there by 9-ish. Meet people and ask for information and help. That way, you will get the most out of watching. After that, for sure, you will always want to participate. even if just watching, you should walk the course to learn it also. Learning to navigate those orange cones for the first times is very confusing. Especially combined with the stress of driving the course as fast as possible without knocking any cones over.

Originally posted by Jeef@Sep 25 2003, 12:56 PM

I also need a helmet.

buy one you cheap bastard.

hit up a motorcycle shop, and get an HJC for like $80... unless your partial to Shoie like me, E and Bill are.... i paid $225 for mine

it saved E's tubby ass after hitting a dodge ram.... i trust it with my life.

you're telling me I can ge ta helmet for $80
damn. was unaware of that, I might have one to barrow from a buddy of mine.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 25 2003, 01:42 PM-->
@Sep 25 2003, 12:56 PM

I also need a helmet.

buy one you cheap bastard.

hit up a motorcycle shop, and get an HJC for like $80... unless your partial to Shoie like me, E and Bill are.... i paid $225 for mine

it saved E's tubby ass after hitting a dodge ram.... i trust it with my life.

Other than dropping 800 into some suspension work and tires, plus I will probably be buying my turbo soon. I also found a new boat (everything marine is like 10 times more $$) but I have to work out the details with the guy next week. I also have to put some money into the truck. SO I have 3 projects going on at once which leaves no money for a helmet.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 25 2003, 12:48 PM
is that what class i will be in B?

stock mirage, azenis only mod.... unless you count the tach clears and custom sidemarkers. :lol:

no idea man.... maybe D-stock?? it goes by litreage....

could a mod delete all the non-autocross threads in here? to some of us autocross actually means something.

Back