CT body shops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i was gonna wait till after winter but i guess winter isnt coming this year so does anyone in the CT/MA area know any good body shops to do rust repair and a respray on my DA.
the rust is three spots:
1- wheel well (not thru and still solid but rusted the same)
2- windshield top drivers corner (needs reseal)
3- hatch (half dollar size not thru)

and the repaint
re-white moldings including and possibly mirrors not sure yet

im not 100% sure if im gonna have someone do my rust repair or if im gonna do it myself but regardless thats what im lookin to have done so any suggested shops or tips on doing the repair would be sick. also a ballpark figure of about how uch it might cost not planning on doing anything real fancy with the paint 2 bases and 2 clears tops if that. thanks in advance

im not sure about the body shops up there, but where im at you can get a car painted for 500 to 3000 depending on how good of job you want and if you doing basecoat clear coat your gonna have at least 300 in the base and clear depending in color. the body parts warehouse i buy from sells repair panels for your quarters if you were to do it your self u can weld them on or if u cant get a welder you can also glue them on.

Last edited:
the rust is not bad enough to warrant a whole repair panel just a little filler. Thanks for the info thats about what i was expecting price wise my guess is itll prolly cost me like 1500 to get a decent spray in white

that all depends on what paint you use.... there's paints out there that will cost more than that.

I work with a guy in Oxford CT. We're moving the shop, so it's not available for a while. He does really good work, and he has experience with custom paint. He's been doing it for like 20 years.

any ideas toward pricing would be helpful in frost white no flake or anything just that and clear

Celerity
Right now im looking around at prices and seeing what i can do. when do you think the guy would be able to do it? im kinda tryin to hold off until im more certain that winter isnt just late so im not really in a rush. do you have any pics or anything of cars hes done?

four quarts sprayable white with the activator and one gallon of clear with activator will run you 375.00. thats in dupont chromabase paint. good luck man

any ideas toward pricing would be helpful in frost white no flake or anything just that and clear

Celerity
Right now im looking around at prices and seeing what i can do. when do you think the guy would be able to do it? im kinda tryin to hold off until im more certain that winter isnt just late so im not really in a rush. do you have any pics or anything of cars hes done?

No pics available online. We're in Derby CT if you wanna come down soon, or in Oxford before too long. Right off the highway. Not sure about schedule at all - I don't even know when my cars can get done.

cool well def. keep me posted i prolly stop in if i get a chance if so il hit you up for directions thanks

Back