CT driver own3d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Anyone else see that a train ran over a car in CT?
I'll post a pic if i can find it... i guess it just happened within the last 2 hours?

The train struck the car near the crossing at Miner Lane at 7:42 a.m. Wednesday.

A LifeStar helicopter has been called to the scene, and reportly moved a child to a local hospital. Reports said that no passengers were injured.

NBC 30 News reported that there were approximately 130 passengers on the train at the time of the collision.

The train was traveling from Boston to New York, and then on to Washington.

Amtrak officials said that alternative transportation is being arranged for those on the train.

An Amtrak spokesperson, told NBC 30 News that preliminary reports indicate that the car may have driven around the roadway gates.
( the two people in the car died)
WATERFORD (AP) -- Two people, an adult and a child, have been killed in a collision between an Amtrak Acela train and a car in Waterford.

The crash, just before eight this morning at the Miner Lane crossing, has caused major delays in the rail service between Boston and Washington. The accident on the southbound tracks about two and a-half miles from New London along the Connecticut shoreline.

None of the 130 passengers on the train was injured. Waterford First Selectman Paul Eccard says one adult and a child in the car were killed. A second child was taken by helicopter to Hartford Hospital with serious injuries.

It's not clear if the gates at the crossing were down at the time of the accident. The Acela is Amtrak's high-speed express train, and operates between Boston and Washington.

The rail line was shut down in the area while police and Amtrak officials investigate the crash. A spokeswoman says Amtrak expects significant delays between Boston and New York for most of the day.

Sucks for the kid, but that person deserved to die if you drive AROUND the gates that indicate is fucking train is coming. What the fuck is so important that it can't wait 5 min for a train to pass?

the news said they specualte the gates didn't come down..
Who knows, we weren't there.. but i was almost hit by a train in phoenix.. the gate/lights never came on.
Good thing my single cam had at least 40wtq or i wouldn't have got out of the way in time.
It is a scary feeling too :cry:

Ummm... I used to live ON THAT ROAD... 1/2 block from that railroad track where that happened...

That is a DEADLY railroad crossing... The damn gates haven't worked right for 5 years. I remember coming home in the middle of the night and the damn gates would be down... I'd sit there for 10 minutes... NOTHING... Finally having to lift the gates so I could drive underneath..

And I know the family of these people... Its a guy i know's mother & nephew that died.

Back