ctr axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2b's

Hey guys, need your help again. Is there any difference in the ctr and si axles?
I have some noise coming from my drivers side. I have the si axes on right now, but the ctr axles need boots. Should I get the ctr's rebooted or the si's.
Thanks ahead of time. :D

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 22 2003, 03:58 AM
If you mean the 99-00 Si, then they are the same.

Sorry. Yes its a 00'. Just because I know it, I assume everyone does. Thanks again for the info. I had them sold with the engine, but held on to them just in case.

im not so sure they are the same. if they are anything like the 98+ jdm itr axles, the outers are a different size. they are the same as prelude.accord outers, but use the usdm integra/civic si inner and shaft.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 09:54 AM
im not so sure they are the same.  if they are anything like the 98+ jdm itr axles, the outers are a different size.  they are the same as prelude.accord outers, but use the usdm integra/civic si inner and shaft.

JDM ITR with five lug is 36mm, thats the difference, other than those the B series are the same, with exception to the ABS specific parts,and some have rubber dust shields, but length, spline count, joints and diameter, are the same.

EDIT: sorry, the first gen B16A and B18A have a male inner joint on the drivers side, while the 94+teg and the 92+B16's have a female inner joint.

right- but the CTR uses 5-lug too.... so im not sure if their outer hubs are the larger variety either...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 10:29 AM
right- but the CTR uses 5-lug too.... so im not sure if their outer hubs are the larger variety either...

All I have heard about is the ITR being 36mm, I am too poor to buy a CTR to find out :( but I think they are the same as the regular B series.

they are the same as the 99-00 si's. Thats what I am running in my ctr swap and no problems. Thanks driveshaftshop.

Back