ctr cams in a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's not a matter of whats the highest rev you can get,,,,,,,more like when do the cams start to drop off in the power curve really.

Itrs start to drop at around 8-8,200k anything beyond 9k and your not really going anywhere :)

If you plan to build the head at any time in the future, I would just keep the stock redline and valve train. I have CTRs and stock valve train and am just fine iwth it. If you want power higher than 8200, then you will also have to factor in ECU tuning and valve train into the price.

Ian

ight thanks i think ill just stick with the stock valvetrain....anyone have any cams for sale....would it be worth it to put CTR pistons in?(with addition of cams)

not sure off hand what the CR would be with CTR pistons, but I have heard mix emotions with the pistons.

if i am not mistaken the rule of thumb is I think 10%/1% increase in power per full point increase in CR's............fuck not sure which it was......10 seems a little high,,or maybe it was 5%.....anyone remember what the exact ballpark figure was???

Back